Awesome 1st date, no response after.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

smith1388
    Participant
    November 1, 2014 at 7:25 pm #66931

Okay bear with me. This is going to be kind of long but I want to know what you guys think about this situation:

So I live on campus at college. I’m 23 and this girl is 20. I thought she was pretty cute, so my guy friends go to her apartment to hang out with them and we all have a fun time. I go to the girl’s apartment the next day to ask her out in person on a date. I ask her if Tuesday would work out for her, but she said it wouldn’t, but then she immediately recommended we do something Monday. So we planned on Monday.I picked her up on my motorcycle and we went to go get breakfast/lunch (brunch). We talked a bunch and she asked me lots of questions about my family, and what my interests were and I asked her the same. I felt like the conversation was going awesome. She was super nice and told me thank you for breakfast like twice while we were there. Then we ride up to a canyon to go on a hike up to a waterfall. It was fun the whole way there and she was very talkative. She shared

smith1388
    Participant
    November 1, 2014 at 7:25 pm #66932

a lot of personal things with me. We got to the top, and she wanted to keep hiking. So we went even further than I planned. After that we hiked back down. I ended up having a flat tire and she asked me if she could change the tire. She wanted me to teach her how to change the tire. So we changed the tire together which was actually pretty fun. Then we drive back and I drop her off. I ask her if she is free on friday to hang out. She says she might be going home for the weekend but she would let me know. So two days go by, and I was planning on calling her that day to see if she was free. As I’m riding my motorcycle to class, I see her waving me down and she asks me if she can get a ride from me to class. So I give her a ride, and while we’re riding, I ask her if she’s free friday. She said she was actually going camping with some friends that friday.So I suggested next week and she said that sounded good

smith1388
    Participant
    November 4, 2014 at 8:58 am #66933

I drop her off at class and she give me a hug and says thanks for the ride. Then I text her later that day and ask if she wanted to come with me to get my tire fixed. I told her it would only take 20 minutes. (Probably a dumb thing to ask her to go to with haha) But now it’s been 4 days and no text back. So is she not interested? Or was it just a really dumb thing to ask her so she didn’t know how to respond? I want to ask her out again next week but I have no idea what she is thinking right now.

aretilda
    Participant
    November 5, 2014 at 1:27 pm #67075

Yeah I think the tire date scared her off, it’s a very odd place to take a girl for a date.

Chris223
    Participant
    November 6, 2014 at 6:51 am #67104

Smith, awesome story btw. i think the tire date was a little weird but you can recover from that. it seems like she was really interested in you if she wanted to spend more time on the first date. if you havent already talked to her, then ask her out to a different event. good luck mate.

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:32 am #67297

ask her out again but suggest something different other than getting a tire fixed. Also, you have created enough comfort with her that you should be calling her and asking for a date. Not texting

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:32 am #67298

Call her to set up a date, don’t text.
    If you get her vm leave a message saying you called to see if she wanted to hang out. If she doesn’t call you back its time to move on.