Back off or work harder?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Back off or work harder?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tfx
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 10:32 am #79271
    Back off or work harder?

Hi guys,

I’m getting mixed signals from a girl and now, I can’t decide, whether I should back off for a while or try to work harder and be more patient We are both +- 23 years,she is my schoolmate.We don’t see each other often, because we are both having different timetables and generally we don’t go to school much.

I liked her for a while (for example half a year, i attended her birthday party where she invited me or events she organized) but I had to solve relationship problems with my ex first. I did was it kind of late, because now, i have almost no time to ask her out face 2 face (exam period, school leaving exams etc). Another problem is that she flies to US for a three months in a month to work & travel.

So did asked her out via FB for a coffee, she was cool and said yes… without any effort, only one question was enough and now there is a problem, because we do have a problem to settle down a date, when I suggest something…

tfx
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 10:32 am #79272

… she is usually busy and says something like “we’ll arrange something in the week”, but then she does not respond by herself… she did it about three times and now i don’t know what else to do.

I do understand that she has virtually no time (job, school, one club at school which organises events, sports, school leaving exams, thesis – i surely know that she doesn’t go out much because of time)… But I don’t understand this behaviour, because on the other hand, when we’re somewhere out, she is cool, smiles, we talk without any problems, sometimes she “accidentaly” touches me (even for a longer time, at the afterparty i was sitting at a bench with my hand at a backrest, she came behind, talked to me, our hands met for a minute or two…), looks at me, in written form she is extending the words (like heey..) and sometimes winks, last week we were even at a afterparty and we got drunk together a lot, talked a lot, the only problem was she was never alone, …

tfx
    Participant
    May 20, 2015 at 9:41 am #79273

… because some guys were chasing her too… (tough evening, she is a popular one )

Another thing may be that she is shy or afraid, she did have only one boy for a five years, they broke up 9 months ago and from that time she did not have anyone, from her words even sexually (she told us while she was drunk including a lot of other personal details – one of those guys was really intrusive).

So what to do now? She is leaving in a month and the only possibility I know is to meet her face2face is at her thesis defence or state exams… or continue inviting her via FB – for example on my birthday next week, which is our common friend organizing for me as a “surprise”… hm? Or leave it and do nothing except for an occasional chat/wishing luck for exams and try harder in September? I don’t really know. Confused a little bit…

Thank you! 🙂