Bad first impression

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Bad first impression

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Claire84
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 11:43 am #99440
    Bad first impression

I met a guy through a friend which we were talking and got on well. I made a joke about one of the other guys looking like a celebrity. Suddenly this guy stopped talking to me and I realised the joke had not gone down well. A few weeks later my friend tried to set me up with him which this guy said he did not like me making the comment about his friend. The guy the comment was made about did not even look like the celebrity.

I feel really bad as I am not a horrible person and now this guy has this bad first impression of me. Is it best not to joke with people when you first meet them? I just feel like I have to tread on eggshells when I first meet some people.

AsAMatterOfFact
    AsAMatterOfFact
    Participant
    May 3, 2016 at 4:56 pm #99583

You should be yourself, always darling!! If you’re a lighthearted jokester and meant no harm continue to do so. If he didn’t appreciate your comment then he probably isn’t the right guy for you. It sounds like he’s a bit over sensitive and wouldn’t be much fun anyway.

Be yourself and continue to joke with everyone. My only advice is never joke about anything “mean”, unless you said he looked like Bilbo Baggins I’m sure you’re fine. Even if you did say that you could explain why and say how endearing it is and how you like it.

Best of luck!!

If you could answer my question in the forum I’d appreciate it! “Late Night Drinks?!?!”

Thanks!

Kevin
    Participant
    May 3, 2016 at 6:39 pm #99772

What this person said ^^^^