bad with girls – want new approach

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

vptran31
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 6:01 am #89235

I’m an introvert and panic anytime a beautiful girl show interest in me. I chat up nerdy girls because it’s fun, I am a nerd, but want to date someone more ‘ordinary.’ I’ve never dated. Closest thing is a fake Facebook/phone relationship with a girl from Florida, I am in west Texas. If any girl flirts with me I panic and try to run away. If she responds to my flirts, I panic and run away. I want enough experience with girls, or maybe guys- never tried it, so I dunno- that I can be decent enough to settle down. I am an overweight 5 feet 6 inches 27 year old Chinese man who vascillates between acting like an annoying child, a pretentious jerk, and an ornery elder. People have this weird habit of telling me they liked me in that way long after they lost interest in me. I have a very flat, droning voice that though I attempt to change, doesn’t. I know kung fun and am damn good at it. I can also draw . Q- what do girls want from me and how do I get over these panic attacks

Jason7
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 5:01 pm #89306

First anyone who is approached aggressively, has instinct to pull back. Your panic attacks are not going to disappear overnight. You might try an herb like valerian to relax you in social settings….just be a nice guy…that is what girls want…be friends first and then see if it grows…the biggest mistake guys make is being overly aggressive …this pushes them away no matter who you are.

osubsu
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 5:26 pm #89309

Go into figuring you have nothing to lose (you don’t). If she’s not into you so what? See it as a chance to practice. Just talk and focus on her. Ask her questions about herself. Don’t talk about yourself. Let her ask about you.

vptran31
    Participant
    December 3, 2015 at 5:07 pm #89400

My fear isn’t rejection. My fear is that it will go somewhere. Example – a girl had a crush on me in college. She wrote me an email. I crushed her crush by taking her on a date and being a drunk idiot. I did this because I didn’t see us going anywhere as a couple and wanted to stay friends, but destroy any romantic attachments she had for me (by the way, I only drink when forced to)

BexSanders
    BexSanders
    Participant
    December 3, 2015 at 9:50 pm #89419

Confidence is always key. Easier said than done, I know.

vptran31
    Participant
    December 6, 2015 at 9:06 pm #89497

BexSanders, I don’t have issues with faking confidence. With enough practice, I can approach the girls I am interested in, nice, shy, sweet ones who speak their minds and will lead more than follow. But those are incredibly rare where I live (at least the ones that are single). Is there a city or town where there are more of these people?

If I can find such a treasure trove, I’ll practice until I stop fucking up

chloemusic1234
    chloemusic1234
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 9:24 am #89694
    Reply To: bad with girls – want new approach

Dont date until youre happy with your life and who you are. Too many knock backs might make you feel worst

Piikm
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 10:57 am #89720

Be happy with yourself before you introduce another person into your life.
    Remember, your always the prize!

vptran31
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 10:48 pm #89776

…………>I’ve never in my life been happy with myself. I also have a memory disorder where I forget everything that happened before today. Everyone I meet is foreign to me………..