Been 8 months with my boyfriend but i still love my ex i think?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

takeoffyourheels
    Participant
    June 22, 2017 at 6:02 pm #140408

Hello,
    I am a 21 year old woman. I met my ex during high school and we were together for 3 and a half years. We were basically female/male versions of each other. He was funny, smart, and I felt safe with him. I felt like he knew me more than anyone has in their life. I came home from hanging out with him feeling good, happy, and at my prime. My self confidence was at its peak. However, we fought a lot which caused us to break up. Lonely and confused, I dated this new guy only 2 months later (big mistake) and we’ve been dating 8 months since with the new guy. All my friends love my new boyfriend much better than my old one. He takes me out on dates, gets me gifts, can’t stand seeing me sad, and tries his hardest to make me happy. He is also much more attractive, has an education and comes from a good home which were all things that my ex was not. Only thing is, he does not make me the happiest. I do not feel confident, i feel bored. I feel everything with my ex but its so average.help

Louie97
    Participant
    June 22, 2017 at 9:47 pm #140409

First off, your description of the current guy sounds amazing! I’m no expert, but I feel as though you might be with him because he makes sense on paper and you may be attempting to move on from your ex. Ofcourse he treats you right, and yeah your friends may fancy him more than your ex. But at the end of the day are you willing to jeopardize your happiness because of that? A respectable guy friend of mine told me “look for someone who makes you you! Find someone who makes you happy” And that’s sooooo true makes no sense dating someone who you feel no connection to. After all, isn’t that what relationships are about? I suggest that you do some soul searching and really assess if this guy is the one for you. It’d be unfair to him and yourself to continue dating him knowing your heart isn’t completely into him. Hope I was able to help.

j187xo
    Participant
    June 23, 2017 at 1:46 pm #140482

Hello,
    I think that it is best you take some time for yourself to really try and find yourself and realize what it is that you want and need from a man in a relationship. What are your standards? What qualities do you look for? What would the “perfect” man to you be? Of course no one is “perfect” and we have to give and take and know that maybe he doesn’t posses every quality that you like, but make sure at least 75% of his qualities are those that you would like for your man to possess. Spend time going out on dates, just to get the feel for different types of men, and what characteristics you like best. You got yourself into another relationship too soon after breaking up with your ex of 3yrs. You need to allow yourself time to heal. Test the waters. Get out there and experience different options and then you will have a more clear idea of what it is you want…. and maybe, just maybe… that will be you wanting to be single for some time and focus on yourself. Hope this helps. Xo, J

ngroy
    Participant
    June 24, 2017 at 4:58 am #140528

That’s a tough one. The heart wants what the heart wants. Is your ex dating someone else? If not you may want to give your relationship one more chance.

anny1000
    Participant
    June 26, 2017 at 4:32 pm #140633

I have been through hell ever since my ex left me 6 months ago, All my efforts to get him back through 3 different spell casters failed until I met Dr purity, He help me bring my ex and the joy of my life back. What amazes me the most was that he did it in less than 5 days. Our love have been waxing stronger and stronger by each passing day. Please join me in thanking Dr Purity once again. I also advise those seeking to re unite with their ex or those who are scared of losing their partner to contact Dr Purity for final solution on (puritytemple{at}priest{dot}com) . He is one of the few real spell casters out there as so many fake spell casters are taking advantage of peoples emotions.

texasfilmguy
    Participant
    June 26, 2017 at 10:18 pm #140660

It doesn’t matter what your friends nor family think of who you date. I’ve been down this road. On paper many will seem the ideal mate, but logic isn’t what makes you fall in love. You had a connection with your ex that is going to be very difficult to replace. Notice I said replace–you were 2 months out and already with another bf. You are looking for a replacement. You have a hole in your heart that you were dying to fill. That’s what happens. I couldn’t say if you should seek out your ex again because I don’t know the details…but if you are moving on then you need to be comfortable ALONE. You are absolutely in no position emotionally to get a new boyfriend. i think you know you are using him. When you don’t have a hole you are separate to fill, when you are confident and happy to just be by yourself or with friends, when you can date without pressure…only then will you truly have an open heart to find that man that is perfect for you…and not a replacement.

sammy_reinke
    sammy_reinke
    Participant
    June 27, 2017 at 4:31 am #140673

you miss the fire you had, sometimes someone can be comfortable, but they don’t ignite the passion in you, (i get that trust me) and if thats the case maybe its time to leave it.. i know that sounds horrible, but maybe both weren’t meant for you, in which case you’ll find someone who does both x