Been dating a guy I get along with extremely well but there's no attraction!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 10:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

trapir97
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 2:14 pm #170556

We’ve gone on four dates and we have never had an awkward silence. We have soo many common interests and just generally get along extremely well. He’s very extroverted and I’m introverted but it’s great because he brings the energy out of me. He’s 23 and I’m 21. I feel like we’re extremely good friends at this point and he is constantly texting me, checking in, trying to hang out, etc. But he isn’t really making me feel attracted to him. We’ve only made out when drunk and he seems quite sexually awkward when we’re sober, he never is really making moves on me or sitting really close to me. I’m quite experienced and he’s older than me so if anything I was worried I’d be clueless compared to him (regarding sex). I don’t know what to do because I really want a boyfriend who is also a sexual partner, lol, but I don’t want to “cheat” on this guy. Should I hold out longer or just end it? We went on our first day a month ago. I just don’t really feel attracted to him.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 3:38 pm #170562

You said: “We went on our first date a month ago. I just don’t really feel attracted to him.” That says it all!
    Dating someone shouldn’t be an “acquired taste”. It’s not like forcing yourself to eat broccoli.

Another thing to keep in mind is (four dates) does not make for a commitment or “exclusive relationship”.
    Unless you’ve had “the talk” about becoming (exclusive) you both have the right to {keep your options open}.
    Essentially it’s not cheating if you’re not in an “exclusive or committed relationship”.

However if you feel as you described; not attracted to him then it makes no sense to waste your time seeing him.
    Put him in your “friend zone” or leave him alone. Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine!
    If a guy needs “liquid courage” to make a move on you he’s probably not “the one” for you.
    The goal is to find someone who (already is) the kind of person you want for a mate.

Best wishes!