Been dating for 3 months and now this…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bts7790
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 1:51 pm #56904

Okay so I came to this forum for some help and I really need advice on this situation I’m in. So I met this girl back in April and at the time I was traveling for work. We met, and immediately after that I left for the weekend for military training (I’m in the Army Reserves) and was gone fri-sat (this was back in April). I came back sunday night and monday morning I flew out of state for work. I was gone for 6 weeks. At first I really didn’t think anything of it, we were texting back and forth here and there and then it developed into us talking every day, the whole time I was gone out of state. I came back when the job was finished and have been back since late May. We have been hanging out all the time and dating each other. Now when it first started everything was good (the ‘honeymoon phase’ i guess you could say) and we both were so happy etc everything seemed so easy.

bts7790
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 1:55 pm #56905

Well we began to fall for each other, and its been 3 years since I’ve been in an official relationship, and 6 years for her. I told her everything exactly how i felt etc, that I felt like she was different than all the other girls and I really could see us going somewhere, and I truely believe shes different (she isn’t “easy”).. well now things seem to have “cooled off” a bit and i dont know where we stand now. I wanted to ask her out and she knows this but keeps saying she wants to take it slow and when/if it happens, it will just to go with the flow. but now i’m getting doubts because she told me her best friend from ohio (who is a girl) wants her to move to texas with her. She misses all her friends so much and she literally only hangs out with me and her mom/sis here in GA. She just moved from Ohio back in april down to GA and thats when we met. She was in a sorority in ohio and has a ton of friends up there, and to go from all those friends to just seeing me and her family in GA

secret123789
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 11:30 pm #56969

In my opinion and I could be wrong which I’ll leave it up to to decide but whats the rush really? Take your time with her and when you both feel it’s time to take the relationship to the next stage then do so when you’re both on the same page but also you’re being a bit clingy in my opinion. Give it time and everything will work out.

bts7790
    Participant
    July 9, 2014 at 9:09 am #56906

is very hard on her. She said I make her happy but obviously theres only so much I can do when no one else (literally) is here for her down here in GA. She graduated from college and now her best friend/sorority sister wants her to move out to houston with her and she told me last night (which was on my bday). She said nothing is set in stone yet and not to beat myself up over it (i tend to overthink alot)… I’m wondering though, is she trying to pull back? We have shorter texts and she never has been really intimate except a few times with her (she isn’t “easy” and doesnt seem to have a high sex drive due to her birth control)… well i made it clear in the beginning im not all about sex. I do however start to wonder when we rarely even have sex anymore its a sign i feel like but then i feel like i may be overthinking it. we still talk and hangout alot but recently its just gotten a bit dull.. the good conversations are becoming fewer and father between and the hangouts are always

bts7790
    Participant
    July 9, 2014 at 9:10 am #56907

is really hard on her.

jane2014
    jane2014
    Participant
    July 9, 2014 at 5:58 pm #57023

Hello how are you doing? am
    jane kam by name like make friend and am Interested In long Relationship with woman from 35 to 55 who is interested this my email jaenkamala@yahoo.com

Steven
    Steven
    Participant
    July 10, 2014 at 1:03 am #57032

I hear your frustration. It sounds like you really care for her and want to get things to the next level.
    It sounds to me like she is at a cross roads in her life – recently graduating college etc. Prospects of a new beginning somewhere else are making her hesitant to invest more in your relationship. I also hear that she does have strong feelings for you. THAT’S GOOD!
    Give her some space. Be there but don’t pressure her. Pay attention to what makes her feel happy and secure – and do whatever you can to add those elements without being overbearing. She will then have a better idea of what she’s gaining (the unknown) or losing (you) as she decides.
    P.S.
    It’s OK to over think. Just try to channel it constructively.
    Best of luck to you.

Elcamino84
    Participant
    July 11, 2014 at 4:10 pm #57246

It’s a tough one. I’d do what I could to keep in contact with her but let her have some space too. Maybe invite her to do things with other couples and groups so she can meet people besides you and sees you as someone she has fun with in a variety of settings. If she is starting to pull away then pressing will just push her further.