been seeing this girl for two months

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

killington1985
    Participant
    January 17, 2014 at 12:14 pm #46084

so I met this woman in 2010 and we went on a few dates which were good but she was busy with school. so I called her and told her I did not see this going anywhere.

Fast forward to 2013 we ended up dating again. This time things got serious pretty fast. she was telling me she loved me and I was telling her that. Then she called me up after two months of that and told me not to say it anymore and that we were not a couple. She also said she does not want to date me until I move closer to her place in a few months. I am about two hours away.
    I asked her if she wanted to hang out on valentines day next month. And she gave me the ” I though we agreed to slow down line”. I figure she is just not that into me but she texts me and says she wishes I was there. we really connect well when we talk on the phone. I have never had such good conversations with any woman before. Its really a turn on. And she is a really good listener. So I don’t know if I should give her the boot

notforreal
    Participant
    January 18, 2014 at 4:38 pm #46134

As far as I can tell, she seems pretty immature. Don’t waste any time on her if she is so insecure about her feelings.

southfla34
    Participant
    January 18, 2014 at 5:54 pm #46141

I agree, it sounds like she likes you when it suits her. She obviously uses the word love very loosely if she goes hot then cold so easily. Maybe not the right timing.

adyup1230
    Participant
    January 21, 2014 at 2:29 pm #46273

You are better than that

jimmye_25
    Participant
    January 25, 2014 at 5:55 pm #46549

I agree with the above comments, unless she can take some of the immaturity out of the situation then ur good.

killington1985
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:44 pm #46151

thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I will probably give her one more chance when I move closer to where she lives.

But I already told her that until we decide we are a couple she is not getting any action from me.

bryceisbryce
    Participant
    April 8, 2014 at 8:36 pm #50777

I would say just give her the boot. People don’t just become more mature because of the opinion of someone they have recently started dating. If you keep dating her, her immaturity will always be a problem.

aurelijus
    aurelijus
    Participant
    April 9, 2014 at 10:34 am #50791

Wow. Men are truly from Mars, women from Venus.

Zeus
    Zeus
    Participant
    April 10, 2014 at 1:28 am #50843

You’re not a couple, she lives 2 hours away. She is seeing the guys [plural] across her street.
    Why are you moving closer to her? If you are for job or scholastic reasons, then fine. But if you are moving closer to just get some tail from a chick, then you’re a fool.

Don’t confuse the feeling of infatuation for the feeling of love. They are not the same.

The time is 3 months later now and [per your last comment] you’re still thinking about her. Let her go, find someone in your area, NOT someone 2 HOURS away.
    Telling her you didn’t see this going anywhere was reality, but then you caved.

Dump her and move forward.