Been single for a long time

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2018 at 12:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous8
    Participant
    January 28, 2018 at 2:22 am #163616

Is there someone out there that’s has sort of similar situation like me? I’m 22 and I’ve been single for a long time. The last relationship I had was I think about 5 years ago or maybe more & that wasn’t even real(it’s just a puppy love). I know I’m still young but I wanted to have a romantic relationship with someone. But whenever someone wants to date me, I’ll always think twice about it because
    1. I feel that I’m not really worthy of them
    2. I’m a girl with an illness I’m scared if they found out, they wouldn’t want to date me.

Can someone give me some advice?

jm1993
    Participant
    January 29, 2018 at 8:59 am #163626

I’m a 24 year old guy, and I’ve been single all of my life! I definitely feel your pain and you are not alone. It sucks the most around Valentine’s Day when you see all the cute couples so madly in love. I always feel bad about myself when it comes to girls. Every girl that I’ve ever asked out has said NO, so I’m a little gun shy when I see someone I like. Sadly, I usually just assume the answer and refrain from asking to avoid the rejection.

I want to start a romantic relationship with someone, too, more than anything right now. I wish us both luck in finding happiness. And, if a guy sees you have an illness and that is the only reason he rejects you, shame on him!

David_Elmers
    David_Elmers
    Participant
    January 30, 2018 at 6:56 am #163797

Hi!
    Guys, you are young! You are free to do a lot of things in your life and love, romance and relationships are one of them! The main thing is you don’t have to be afraid of rejection! For the girl who wrote this question: Believe me, if a guy has mentioned you and especially if he has already done some moves towards you then in his eyes you are 100% worthy of this person! Believe in you! confidence is the main thing! Speaking about the illness, if you want just a romance and some flirtation I think that you don’t have to think too much about it and when things get more serious you will have the right time to talk about it!

mogova
    Participant
    January 31, 2018 at 8:29 am #163948

You say a long time…you are only 22…that is young…enjoy life…go to school and be be the best you can at what you do in life.

Anonymous8
    Participant
    January 31, 2018 at 9:25 am #163851

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!

kaitlynlily6
    Participant
    February 1, 2018 at 11:56 am #164176

Your young, you don’t need a dating site. Go out with friends and get noticed. If someone will like you he will accept you despite your illness. Finish school and just have fun. There’s still a lot of guys to meet after school.

Lola
    Participant
    February 1, 2018 at 3:59 pm #164186

I think you have to relax a bit, don t think about dating as a serious, “life threatening” thing, that you need to find your partner, a long, serious relationship etc. go on a date just to have fun, you are a nice young lady, sure you would like to meet people like you, just be open and enjoy the process. Don t expect anything, but don t even show much of yourself, don t tell about your illness, about your fears, just ENJOY the moment, from choosing somebody to have a date with, from dressing up, from having a nice conversation, to wherever the two of you want to take it, but just don t overthink it. You are not less and not more like anybody else, your date will surely have similar problems, similar fears, we all do, but lots of people enjoy dates in spite of these fears, so I guess learning to enjoy yourself could be a first step to get ready for some more serious stuffs… just one step at a time…. good luck! 😉

Lola
    Participant
    February 1, 2018 at 3:59 pm #164240

I never had any real relationship until 22 either, so I know it must be lonely and hard sometimes, my advice would be to you to have a more relaxed approach to dating first, just dare to go out there, meet new people, enjoy yourself, gain some self confidence don t overthink it, don t hope to find the love of your life immediately, but don t fear that you will be rejected either, just focus on what s ahead of you, focus on finding a date, dressing up, feeling seductive, enjoying a nice conversation, just open up yourself a bit to new possibilities, don t think about your sickness, about his reaction, just do it for yourself and slowly you will see you will be able to enter a real relationship, but in order to attract the kind of relationship you dream of you need to be that kind of a girl you always wanted to be, but I am sure with work and small steps you will arrive there, just push every day a bit, dare every day a bit more…