Been with a man for 1 yr now just gone!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CbsSheb
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 6:15 pm #101263

My husband passed away 2 years ago. A year later I met a man who I fell in love with and from his actions and words also fell in love with me. He was always available and we were just like a normal couple. He had his place, I had mine and things were great this way for both of us. He had a part-time job at a car dealership, however he was involved with something else which I kind of knew but did not ask too many questions. We discussed it and I knew at any time he might have to pick up and leave but he would be back. He has lived in this area for 16 years. The other day he explained how sorry he was but had we could not see each other as he did not want to put me in danger with what was going on in his other life. I am so heart-broken and depressed. When my husband passed I had time to prepare, however this is worse as he has just walked out of my life with the explanation it is to protect me. He is 70 years old and I am 60. I am deeply depressed over this.

slave2end
    Participant
    June 8, 2016 at 6:11 am #102453

sorry for your loss but if you knew he was involved with another person that was a red flag from the beginning………..my honest opinion is that I would not have gotten involved with a man who has someone else in his life. I also think that it was too soon for you to be that heavily involved with someone. I lost mine in 2013 and it took me 3 yrs to finally get around to being with another person. the dating pool in our old years is harder than the young kids. many people are set in the their ways.

Dieselnut03
    Participant
    June 9, 2016 at 7:58 am #102550

Sounds to me that he wasn’t completely sure what he wanted. You sound intelligent and I’m sure you will find someone else with less drama

forestrunner190
    Participant
    September 2, 2016 at 6:13 pm #110454

I guess you learned the hard way, but be careful about falling on love with someone who isn’t completely available for the relationship!

forestrunner190
    Participant
    September 12, 2016 at 8:54 am #110971

I’m sorry that you had to learn the hard way about falling on love with someone who isn’t completely available for the relationship! As much as the break up hurts, it sounds like you’re going to be much better off now that it has.

anonzxo12
    Participant
    September 12, 2016 at 10:46 am #111018

Im sorry that you have to go threw this but everything happens for a reason and you will be much better off without him.

Daisydims
    Participant
    September 12, 2016 at 4:45 pm #111117

Your going to ne much better off – stay strong

Fonzie62
    Participant
    September 12, 2016 at 4:48 pm #111118

Sorry for your loss but I would say you are better of without him, plenty more fish in the see

Jeanlouise
    Participant
    November 21, 2016 at 1:46 am #117983

I think it was to soon for you to get into a love relationship. This man was not honest from the start and you were to sad and lonely to recognize it. There is something nefarious going on and you are lucky nothing else happened except a broken heart. Keep busy doing for others until your heart is mended, then you will find a quality partner.

dddanse
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 2:34 pm #121231
    Reply To: Been with a man for 1 yr now just gone!

OK- I lost my husband in 2007 and for all of you telling this lady that she got involved in a relationship too soon – you need to step back. No one knows how much time someone needs before getting involved in a relationship again. That being said, it sounds like this man is someone who you need to walk away from. Take a breather – see friends, and flirt on dating sites again if you wish, but don’t let your life be ruled by this relationship. Men today seem to feel it is OK to just walk away from relationships with no explanation. Do you really want someone like that in your life? Consider yourself lucky and as Jeamlouose said, keep busy doing other things.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 4:55 pm #121246
    Reply To: Been with a man for 1 yr now just gone!

I agree with above:

I’m sorry that you had to learn the hard way about falling on love with someone who isn’t completely available for the relationship! As much as the break up hurts, it sounds like you’re going to be much better off now that it has.