Beginning Dating…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Beginning Dating…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

goodnightstar23
    Participant
    May 18, 2015 at 7:19 am #79187
    Beginning Dating…

I’ve just started getting into the dating game, but I need some advice.

I’m 24, relatively attractive (probably a 7, an 8 on a good day to be perfectly honest). I’m tall (6,4) and have a great career and have a pretty good personality (aka I’m not a womanizing jerk type-I treat women with respect). I also have a bit of a baby face, but not so much that people think I’m too young. I guess I could pass for 22 if I really wanted. I’m pretty in shape, but could stand to lose about 10 pounds, but nothing too bad (I jog regularly, but not a meathead).

Anyways, my buddies are idiots and I can’t rely on meeting women thru them. The few buddies I have either play video games all day or have too busy a schedule where I rarely get to hang out/go out with them. Also, they don’t have many connections themselves, so I’m pretty much on my own here.

goodnightstar23
    Participant
    May 18, 2015 at 7:25 am #79188

I also have relatively no experience with women. In college, I thought meeting women would just “happen,” but I didn’t go to many parties and was pretty much focused solely on gaining a great career after school. Also, I went to a small private school where there arent many parties anyways. I deeply regret not branching out more, but I can’t change the past.

I realize I’m a late bloomer in the dating game, but what I’ve been doing in the last week or so is hang out at coffee shops and go on my laptop there rather than in my apartment. The thought is that if someone catches my eye, I can ask her out.

I asked out a pretty attractive girl last week and she gave me her number and we went on a date, which I guess is a good sign? Or maybe I just got lucky? The date went fine (pretty much the first officialy “date” I’ve been on). We went to dinner and talked, had a good time but I didn’t get the jist that she was too into me.

goodnightstar23
    Participant
    May 18, 2015 at 9:23 am #79189

She didn’t really laugh at my jokes too much, wasn’t very touchy-feely and we only hugged at the end. She also dragged me along to hang out with her friends after dinner who weren’t nearly as attractive as she was, but I went anyway and felt real awkward. Anyways, I ended up cutting the date short, no kiss or anything (didn’t really try since I didn’t see any signs that she was into me). I did text her an apologize for leaving and she apologized for having me tag along w/her friends and said she wants to go out again…I can’t tell if she’s just trying to be nice or if she’s serious, but I’m planning on going out again and making a move.

My initial thought is that if she was into me, them she would have been all over me during the date. But my idiot friends told me that since I randomly asked her out, kissing on the first date doesn’t really happen unless the woman is loose…which I guess could be true. What do you think?

goodnightstar23
    Participant
    May 18, 2015 at 9:23 am #79190

I feel that she should have been touchy-feely during the date if she was into me but she wasn’t at all. We did have nice conversation, a little awkward at first but nice. She then dragged me to go hang out with her girlfriends who weren’t nearly as attractive as her and I felt awkward. Her friends did tell me they thought I was “kinda cute” and the girl I took out said I was cute, but I ended up cutting the date short and leaving. She saw me out and we hugged, that’s it. I texted her later and apologized for leaving and told her I had a nice time. She seemed offended that I left, but apologized for putting me in a weird situation and said she wants to go out again.

My initial reaction is that if she didn’t show me any signs she was physically attracted to me, I shouldn’t waste my time. But my idiot buddies told me that since it was a 1st random date, that I shouldn’t be too worried because the only girls who are touchy feely like that on 1st random dates are skanks.