Being ignored sucks. Trouble with an old friend.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

duhzirez
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 3:57 pm #60440

Alright, so my freshman year in college I went out for my birthday and brought these two girls with me. Long story short, I hooked up with one of them. We ended up doing it again one more time, before I broke it off with her after finding out she had a boyfriend in the military. This was two years ago, and since then we hadn’t had much contact aside from the occasional Facebook message. Recently, her FB account got hacked, and the hacker tried to sell me an iPad and whatnot, so I replied to it with “Once you get your account back, YOU should definitely message me.”

Well, she did! We started talking, and ended up texting afterwards. We even started snap chatting each other, which was pretty. Fun. Everything was going great, and we actually started to connect in a non-sexual way.

We ended up hanging out the other day. I went to her house, where we just spent time together and watched some pretty bad movies (Birdemic for those of you who want to watch the worst movie ever made)

duhzirez
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 4:04 pm #60441

We cuddled with each other and talked about tons of stuff before the night came to a close, and she had to go to sleep soon. So, I initiated, and started to kiss her. One thing led to another and I got to second base, but stopped for reasons created by mother nature. She walked me to the door, where I kissed her one more time, and said “text me tomorrow” she said “I will, bye!”

That’s the last thing she said to me. I came home that night, and played some video games before going to sleep. Then I woke up the next day and texted her, no response. Sent her a few snaps with no response. I brushed it off, because she’s a really busy person. She works and goes to school, and does a lot of stuff with her college. Today I woke up really early (around the time she usually gets up) and sent her a good morning text. No response. A few hours later I sent her a snap, and she viewed it, but still no response.

Is there maybe something I’m doing wrong here? Any advice would be appreciated.

August 30, 2014 at 8:01 pm #60448

That sounds crazy girls are so hard to figure out

Outlast456
    Participant
    September 4, 2014 at 3:14 pm #60687

She’s definitely playing hard to get, wanting you to “fall for her”. How can you stop seeing a person that you like? and then one day he messages you wanting to start talking again, then y’all hangout and kiss….just give it time is what I’m saying, she wants you to “want her even more”.

loves2bcreative
    loves2bcreative
    Participant
    September 4, 2014 at 7:28 pm #60727

Being ignored does suck. Games suck. Sounds like that’s what she’s doing. Playing games. I know it’s hard, but try not to contact her for a while and see if she’ll initiate contact. If she doesn’t, she’s not worth your time. If she does, great! Just don’t seem so needy by contacting her so often afterwards.

whitepickle
    Participant
    September 7, 2014 at 10:12 pm #60861

She could be sending smoke signals, or she could just be really busy. I would try to confront her about it, in a nice way of course. If she doesn’t respond to that, or responds in a negative way, well, you’ve got your answer, and I’d forget about it. There are plenty of fish in the sea 🙂

Me_too
    Me_too
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 6:59 pm #61177

Problem is, she thinks that all u guys have is sexual, she probably sees the cycle starting again… Hooking up and the nothing. A girl can sense when the guy only wants to have sex even if that’s not true. U came out toooooooooo strong when u had another opportunity with her, so now she believes u r only up for one thing. In the heat of the moment she’s gonna go forward ’cause that’s what human beings do but when things cool off and u have the opportunity to think, u’re like “what I’m doing” and that’s probably what went through her mind… Try not to think and go for sex if u want to win her over.

adrushing83
    Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 3:18 am #61244

She could be ignoring you for a number of reasons. It could be that she has a boyfriend now. And is more serious about him. Than the boyfriend she had when you two hooked up before. She could think that you are going to use her for an easy lay, then blow her off again. Or it could some other reason. If I was in your place id stop trying to contact her. If she wants to see you again, she will contact you. Start dating other women, and move on. Maybe she will reach out to you, or maybe she won`t. Think about this, if she does start responding. Do you really want a relationship with her? You all ready know that she cheated once. What is going to keep her from cheating again?