Best friends -> Crush -> Stranger?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Musiclov957
    Participant
    March 25, 2015 at 1:57 am #75971

So Me and one of my best guy friends have had a crazy friendship. I dated his old roommate and he dated my sister for like 2 weeks. Recently I told him I wanted to move out of our small town so I could get a better job and find a man who will treat me right. He got really upset with me and admitted to having feelings for me. I of course have feelings for him too. He said he didn’t want to say anything until he wanted a girlfriend which I understood. We started texting on a daily basis and were hanging out and flirting. We made plans to hang out and he never showed up, called, or texted. finally after a couple days he told me he had a migraine and hasn’t been up to do anything. I asked if he was mad at me for blowing up his phone and he said no and he was going to bed. A week passed before I talked to him tonight to ask him over for a movie night with some friends. He said he had a sore throat but if he felt better he would come and hung up on me. Should I just give up?

DKing3
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 9:31 pm #76318

I unfortunately would have to say to give up on him:/ If he was interested I feel like he would not have cancelled on you so many times. I know people get sick but really that much?! And if he would cancel, at least tell you and just not show up! Just move on, and find a guy who will treat you right!

Bernice-lee
    Participant
    March 31, 2015 at 1:29 pm #76366

We always make time for the people we want to be around. For whatever reason he can’t or won’t, so don’t waste your time chasing someone who isn’t receptive or returning the same level of interest.

Cami
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 4:16 pm #77408

Sounds to me like he is not sure what he wants. I would give up for now and see if he comes back to you once he realizes you no longer appear to be in his life. If he does then flat out ask him “what is up with the mixed signals?”