Best Photos for Dating Apps and Websites

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 3:31 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mikufangirl2007
    Participant
    July 23, 2017 at 1:18 pm #142963

When it comes to your online dating website profile or app profile, which types of photos are best recommend to use? I’d heard photos with friends, but then the main person of the profile, gets not noticed while her friends in the photos do. Then others say show photos of you doing stuff but then if your photo of you far away people complain.

Then they say do headshots or body shots so what types of outfits should you wear? How should you dress, what colors work or outfits work best? Any ideas?

Skylar16
    Participant
    July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am #143247

Personally I would not recommend photos with friends. 1- the viewer might be more interested in the friend. 2- if thats the only picture, the viewer wont know which one you are and might not want to ask. 3- it would be appropriate to make sure your friends are okay with you using that picture.

Most apps/sites do allow for multiple pictures therefore you can upload a variety (head shot, full body or just about, and doing an activity). I feel the main profile picture shpuld be a head shot but including at least the shoulders or chest area too. Not too close. Not too far. Would be enough to draw the viewer in to the rest of your pics as well as the profile. All in all make sure it’s a pic you like and make sure it encompasses the real you. Dont change for a possible match that would end up in love you for the wrong reasons.

Again, these are just my opinions so others may feel differently. Just do what you feel most comfortable with.

kolbe001
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 4:54 pm #143734

If you have kids leave the kids out of the photo.