Beyond Stuck, please help??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 3:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SuzyQ00
    Participant
    March 30, 2018 at 12:55 pm #169167

Ladies—Has anyone been in a ”situationship”, casually dating a man for months ongoing (9 months in this case), going on dates 2X a week (dinners, concert, vacations) , sleeping together without EVER discussing feelings or never attempting to have the “talk” on both ends?

A few weeks ago he took me on a work-related trip to an amazing island. He never said he didn’t want a relationship. We’re both guilty of taking the passive role & not talking about it, I guess. I’ve also never approached this thought until know, because when I first met him, I was out of a serious relationship.

He seems to be more stoic, more actions than words. For example, during our trip, he referred to himself as my boyfriend in a sentence (“Just tell the concierge your boyfriend told you…”) ?

What happened in your case or what is happening? What was going on in your head or could be? Both in mid thirties, never married.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 8, 2018 at 9:30 pm #169913

Are you happy? Is there something more that (you) want?
    There’s an old adage: “If it’s not worth asking for it’s not worth having.”
    We’re in 2018 and yet many women still take a passive role of waiting for the guy to reveal his feelings and thoughts.
    Eventually they “blow up” out o the blue from the guy’s point of view simply because they’re tired of waiting.

Aside from the one time in 9 months when he told you to use the “boyfriend” label with the concierge are there others?
    For example when you’ve received a birthday card, Christmas card, or Valentine’s Day card how are they addressed?
    Do they say something like “To Someone Special”? or Are they filled romantic with inscriptions?

Lastly you mention you both are in your “mid thirties” and never have been married.
    Most couples get each other’s opinion about marriage early on during their first few dates.
    He may not believe in marriage, never wants to get married, or doesn’t think you’re “the one”.

PRW
    Participant
    April 8, 2018 at 11:50 pm #169916

It is the woman’s job to bring up “the talk”.

If you’re worried about it,…bring it up

Desree
    Participant
    April 12, 2018 at 9:04 pm #170409

Why don’t you just ask him? Maybe ask him what does he see the future with you and him. You’re both consenting adults.

Anonymous
    April 13, 2018 at 8:20 am #170421

u can ask him.what is he need from him

leafsfan1967
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 2:56 pm #170557

I agree – ask him

Ell0124
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 5:27 pm #170567

I also agree just ask him

msnycgirl
    Participant
    April 18, 2018 at 8:07 am #170937

Some guys (and gals) never have ‘the talk’. I personally don’t even get ‘the talk’. Talk is talk. 2x a week dinners, vacations, concerts and sleeping together, guess what: you are in a relationship.