BF Trouble

DATING ADVICE FORUM

BF Trouble

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Walker97
    Walker97
    Participant
    February 11, 2016 at 11:13 am #93374
    BF Trouble

I’ve been in a rocky relationship for about a month now. This is my first relationship. I just came out about liking guys and there was a guy who seemed into me so we started dating. After about a week of us dating he hung out with his ex saying that they were good friends before they dated and he didn’t want to end the friendship. I wan’t okay with it but I didn’t say anything. We ended up arguing that whole weekend about it. After we made up that Sunday everything was good that week. The next weekend his cousin came home and he got drunk I got upset with him because when we started dating he made it seem like he would stop drinking. Finally I told him I would accept the fact he likes to drink. Now everything is okay, but he never really seems to want to spend time with me like he did when we started dating. Also, he has become friends with another guy. I asked him yesterday if I should be jealous and he said no. I keep getting the feeling he’s not into me like I’m into him. Help!

zeb
    zeb
    Participant
    February 14, 2016 at 2:55 pm #93528

Eek! I’m sorry your first relationship isn’t the best right now.

To break it down, it seems you are worried about a few things: that he might be having an affair with his ex, and that he went back on his word about drinking, that he might be having an affair with this new guy.

Let’s see… It is possible he wants to have an affair is having an affair with his ex. It happens. Do you know why they broke up? How long ago did they break up? Does he spend the night at his exes house? Does he get drunk with his ex? Do the two of them sit really close to each other and flirt?

As for the second thing, you said he wants to stop drinking, but he is drinking again. It might mean that he is an indecisive person. For example, I wanted to give up sugar, and that lasted maybe a week. Maybe you’re the type of person, if you say something you mean it, but he is the type of person (similar to me) that when I say something I mean it until I don’t mean it (sounds strange, I know!).

KillinYouSoftley
    KillinYouSoftley
    Participant
    February 23, 2016 at 12:08 am #94120

I’ve seen this happen dozens of times with a lot of friends.
    It seems like he may be starting to not like you, “like that” anymore, and he doesn’t know how to tell you.
    And it sucks because those situations can lead to cheating and lying. And if I were you, I wouldn’t 100% trust him with his ex. I’d maybe trust him and his ex 50% if I with them when they’re hanging, but if I’m not around, then my bf WILL NOT be around his ex or someone other (gay) guy that I don’t know.

You never know someone’s intentions.