Bi boyfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Bi boyfriend

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

chloex
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 11:36 am #85866
    Bi boyfriend

I’m unbelievably in love and all that
    the thing is he’s bisexual, i said at the start that i don’t have a problem with it at all
    the thing is sometimes he makes me really really cringe when he talks about past relationships he’s had because i get insecure, especially some of the stuff he’s done with men
    i’m not homophobic, its just that I’m in a relationship with him and what i look for in a relationship is masculinity and when he talks about how camp he used to be and stuff he’s done, it makes me feel really uncomfortable. i love him so much but sometimes i worry he can’t look after me, he can be a bit of a wimp and unthoughtful, i sometimes feel like i’m the masculine one in the relationship and i hate that. on the other hand he is the nicest and most caring person i’ve ever met and makes me happy and feel good about myself
    lgbt issues and his past are really important to him, i don’t want him to feel he can’t be completely himself around me, what do i tell him and what do i do

Littleblueflower
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 4:14 pm #85875

Hi,

I’m a bisexual woman so I guess I can give advice from the other side.

His relationships and past are part of him in just the same way that yours are. Whether is past is with men or women, if he is currently dating you then it is you that he is into.

You may not be homophobic but you clearly seem to have an issue with his relationships with men and his more feminine side. Being a bisexual man is is I think harder than being a bi woman. Men accept more easily when a woman likes other women but women seem to feel threatened by bisexual men.

A man liking other men in a sexual way does not make him any less of a man. In the end as harsh as this may sound, the issue here is with you and your feelings, not with him. He is who he is and he’s not lying about it. You either learn to love that side of him or find someone more your type.