Blind Date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Blind Date

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jerry68
    Participant
    January 22, 2015 at 9:43 pm #71640
    Blind Date

Hello,

I want a blind date with a girl a week and half ago. Friends hooked us up, so we saw a picture of each other beforehand. We went on a date last Tuesday and I believe it went pretty well. We were at this bar for almost 2 hours… Most dates ive been on are much shorter. She was laughing and I was laughing. Obviously we had some differences in music/food.. but nothing ridiculous. At the end we both agreed we had a good time and would go out again sometime.

The next day I texted her (probably a bad move..) asking to go out for dinner on Friday. She came back saying she couldn’t because she already had plans for dinner that night with her friends. I asked again that following Sunday… but she again had plans to go to her brothers basketball game (took her almost a day to reply).

Not sure if I should keep pursuing her.. I think all of her reasons are pretty legit. But I don’t really want to make the situation awkward by asking a third time. Any Advice?

Expat
    Participant
    January 23, 2015 at 12:31 am #71649

Nothing wrong with texting her the next day. In fact, it’s the right move if you’re interested. It sounds like she’s not interested though. Even if you both had a good time, she could have decided that she’d rather not pursue anything more. I’d say try once more, and if she cancels again without making an effort or offer to reschedule then just cut your losses.

I’m curious, are you just ignoring her other than to ask her out? Or have you been sending her any other messages, like “Hey, how’s it going today?” “What are you up to?” type of messages? Texting and flirting through messages is a great way to build up some chemistry and get to know them better. You can’t just expect to do it all on the date. Maybe she just figured you’re not very interested in her because you ignored her, and she lost interest herself.

jerry68
    Participant
    January 23, 2015 at 9:02 am #71653

I’ll start a conversation before I ask her out. Some joking around.