blindsided via text

DATING ADVICE FORUM

blindsided via text

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sometimesconfuzed
    Participant
    June 25, 2015 at 2:17 am #81562
    blindsided via text

*we were supposed to go see zac brown band at summerfest
    this is her text
    “I’ve literally sat here for days trying to figure out how to write this to you and im still struggling to find the right words to say this, but I cannot go with you to the concert with you this weekend. please know that this has nothing to do with you but instead its something I need to do for myself. it breaks my heart to know that im breaking yours, but at this point i need to really focus on myself and do whats best for me in order to rebuild my life. going to the concert will only lead to false hope for a future i may not be able to give you. you are one hell of a man and one of the sweetest guys I know and for that reason I cannot do this to you. for the longest time ive searched for a guy to give me what i need but ive realized that thing can only be found from with in. thank you for understanding and please know how sorry I truly am.” everything was great and she blindsided me with this. any thoughts are much appreciate

Loomis
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 8:17 am #81849

I’d take it at face value. She needs to get her shit together.

datingninja
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 8:17 am #81857

Hopefully you’ve moved on. Texting is weak. She doesn’t have the respect to call you.

tropperdu
    tropperdu
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 8:17 am #81864

I know it’s hard, but try not to take it personally. Her message sounds genuine and I don’t think she would’ve gone to the effort of writing all that if she didn’t care. If you were willing you could attempt to maintain a friendship with her, her openness to that would probably indicate for sure how she feels about you. But she had some really nice things to say about you, so you aren’t the problem, I’d imagine.

HardwareMan
    Participant
    July 5, 2015 at 10:58 pm #81997

I’ve been blindsided over text too. It was the hardest thing to read! If she is just lying to you, then you truly do deserve happiness with someone else. I’m sorry to hear your story and I hope you are able to solve your problem!