blocking someone

DATING ADVICE FORUM

blocking someone

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JimmyK
    Participant
    October 26, 2012 at 7:35 pm #15575
    blocking someone

I’ve heard a lot of rumble for “blocking” someone, either on Facebook or an online sites. I see it as a precaution so they don’t contact me anymore. Is it rude?

knock knock
    knock knock
    Participant
    October 26, 2012 at 7:39 pm #15593

If they find out you blocked them it could be rude? Unless they were harassing you, then I could see where it’d be fine

Catalyst68
    Catalyst68
    Participant
    November 1, 2012 at 10:49 am #15718

It’s totally rude to block someone unless you’ve gotten in a fight or something. I’d never unfriend someone on FB unless they were like my ex or something, or maybe like my best friend after we got in a really big fight. Or maybe if it was my dad.

sara
    sara
    Participant
    November 22, 2012 at 12:25 am #17107

I personally do not think blocking someone will be rude. If I don’t want to share my messages with someone then I just block him/her.

stevie
    stevie
    Participant
    November 23, 2012 at 11:19 am #17129

Nah! I know people who block other people just because they have no time for their endless messages. I can’t imagine why anyone would care. There are too many other fish in the sea to obsess over someone blocking you.

Adamska
    Participant
    December 13, 2016 at 11:43 pm #120054

I had similar thing

Jadizm
    Participant
    December 14, 2016 at 9:12 pm #120207

Yep, blocking is necessary sometimes. I’ve done it to a few exe’s and have also been blocked myself. its just facebook.

bebedarling
    Participant
    December 22, 2016 at 12:56 am #120922

On FB you can restrict people’s access rather than block them. Block in haste, repent at leisure! : )

Uly Yassin
    Participant
    January 5, 2017 at 12:29 pm #121870
    Reply To: blocking someone

I had similar thing

TK186
    TK186
    Participant
    January 5, 2017 at 1:55 pm #121888

Do what you gotta do man, no one has time to deal with false energies. Don’t you wish you could BLOCK certain types of people in real life lol

– TK DeVilla

ineedhelp9696
    Participant
    January 6, 2017 at 7:40 pm #122121

If it needs to be done, it needs to be done but it can often be seen as insulting if found out

bguy
    bguy
    Participant
    August 2, 2017 at 11:35 pm #144115

I’ve had to block people on FB after vehement disagreements usually over Trump. But blocking on dating sites can be another story.

On another front, I was being nice to a woman as usual just talking about her interests, and she suddenly messaged me that she hopes I find what I want. I was a little dumbfounded because thought the chat was going well. I messaged her once more just to be sure she didn’t want any more communication, just asking if she grew up in the area. She blocked me.

So women can be as fickle and difficult to understand as well.