Bored after retirement- looking for a job

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kenzie
    Participant
    December 18, 2012 at 10:48 am #18988

I’ve cleaned my home more times than necessary after I retired last month. Anybody know of some hobbies or small jobs that can keep me busy? Paid or not, I’d like to keep my life interesting still.

fard
    fard
    Participant
    December 20, 2012 at 2:59 pm #19196

Oh I feel your pain. Not even my grandchildren can keep me entertained enough nowadays. I’ve found myself going to a local pub at night where it’s quiet and I can enjoy watching others play pool or chat with the bartender. I made sure not to come off as a loner there by keeping casual conversation with those who come up to the bar and make sure I don’t seem desperate for attention either. Not everyone wants to chat with a grandpa like me but I’ve noticed some young adults enjoy my light sarcasm.

capers
    capers
    Participant
    January 8, 2013 at 10:05 am #20188

Try to take up some art classes (if you’re a creative person) our local arts and supplies store offers a few classes throughout the week, keeping in tune with your creative side is helpful for the brain!