boyfriend doesn't have a lot of time

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dani
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 2:47 am #129233

Hi!
    I really need advice. I’ve been together with my boyfriend for 3 years now. We are having a long distance relationship, so we only see each other on the weekends or somethimes every other week. He’s studying in another state which is about 4 hours away. Lately he is really busy, because he needs to earn money and study and has to travel a lot because of his job. So we see each other every three weeks maybe. I have to work so it’s hard for me to drive to his state, and it’s expensive for me. He can drive for free because of his job, but he doesn’t have a lot of time.
    So I am thinking of moving to the state where he studies. But the problem is that the job he wants to do is very timeconsuming. So I’m afraid that if I move I will be allone all the time and that he never will have a lot of time for me.
    His education and money is very important for him and I’m afraid that it will always be more important than our relationship. He says it’s not but I’m not sure ..

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 4:14 pm #129333

yeah.. when it comes to LDR – ONLY move if you were interested in moving there without him or the LDR. To move JUST for him is a dangerous and non-recommended thing.

If you like the area and can see yourself living there and being happy on your own.. cool
    If you find a job there that you like and can see wanting to have for a long time. cool.

Otherwise.. i wouldn’t move with so much up in the air.
    Also, this is his reality so you will need to make a choice if you can be happy in such a relationship or not. If not.. probably time to go.

Dani
    Participant
    March 8, 2017 at 1:25 am #129363

No not really the area i want to live in.
    tanks a lot for your reply..helped 🙂

faraway
    Participant
    March 9, 2017 at 4:32 am #129527

if u can have a good life without him, it is ok. do not rely on too much on him.

AllStars101
    Participant
    March 9, 2017 at 4:54 am #129529

If right now you have a stable job and income then I would advise you to not move…just yet. Maybe give him some time since he’s probably working so hard not only for himself but you as well 🙂

frosty123
    Participant
    March 9, 2017 at 8:09 am #129544

If u see yourself with him in 10 years move, otherwise you really need to consider

mollypop
    Participant
    March 13, 2017 at 9:08 am #129892

I agree with faraway

sweetjess1951
    Participant
    March 13, 2017 at 3:41 pm #129964

I wouldn’t move just because the relationship is a little difficult right now. It sounds like you’re going to spend most of your time away from, regardless if you live in the same state or not. So don’t remove yourself from your friends. Let him get through school and what not, and then consider moving.

LadyDee
    Participant
    March 16, 2017 at 2:58 pm #130324

I agree . You should also focus on your career. If his really willing to grow with you and not just focus on himself then its something to consider . Although if you feel you really want to try and see if it will work , I suggest you going every other weekend to what ever the case is , and see his behavior , whether he makes time for you . at the end of the day its the small things that count. it could just take that free hour he has , and instead of having a nap , he could have lunch with you ) for example) … Small things do count

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 16, 2017 at 9:58 pm #130371
    Reply To: boyfriend doesn't have a lot of time

Dani, can I just ask how old you two are?