Boyfriend Doesn't Want to Hold Me Back….

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Chelsea7e
    Participant
    October 28, 2017 at 11:34 am #154361

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 1 1/2 years. And recently he revealed to me that he wants to travel which I would be down for. But he wants to do it for the next 5-10 years. We are both 25. I grew up privileged and was able to travel growing up, I went to college, moved out of state and moved back home. He doesn’t want to stay in Michigan and at the moment I am unsure of where I would like to stay as well. So I would love to explore the world with him, I am a graphic designer and make okay money but he is a part-time cook at retirement home. So I don’t know how we could afford to travel as much as he wants.

But the real thing that gets to me is that he is now saying that he doesn’t ever see himself settling down. And maybe if we did it wouldn’t be until our mid-30’s. He feel like we are at two different places. I am ready to settle down, but I am not ready to get married and have kids until close to 5 years from now when I am more financially stable.

Chelsea7e
    Participant
    October 28, 2017 at 11:38 am #154362

He feels like he is holding me back and doesn’t want me to recent him later down the future. I would love to have kids and be married one day. But I don’t know if that is something that just scares most men or if it something that is directly him. Right now he wants to spend a week or 2 apart. We currently live together. I just don’t know what to do, I love him so much and he loves me. But it is hurting me so badly that I am starting to break. He feels the relationship is boring because we work and come home(typical once you’re in your 20s) and wants the spark to come back and more spontaneity.

Addisme
    Participant
    October 29, 2017 at 9:27 pm #154406

What if you guys compromise to start doing some weekend getaways. Perhaps Chicago, Indy, Toronto, etc. Let him see how much money just doing that is going to take. See if you all travel good together. Maybe that will bring things back. Since you’re not looking to marry or have kids right now I wouldn’t focus on that. You’re already living together and that is a huge commitment step. If he continues to want to leave and travel then I’d say to let him go, because he will always resent you if he thinks you held him back.