Boyfriend doesn't want to live with me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sd83
    Participant
    May 1, 2014 at 9:13 pm #52120

I am a 30/Female in California, I’ve been with my boyfriend for 2.5 years.

Recently, my boyfriend moved out of his shared apartment into his own private 1 bedroom. We have been in a committed relationship for 2.5 years, and we discussed moving in together, but for a variety of reasons including work, we decided not to at this time. However, I would like to think that someday we will live together.

Last night we had dinner with his Aunt and Uncle. One of them asked if we were going to make plans to move in together. My boyfriend responded “Not any time soon.”

I get along very well with his family, by the way, and this is not the first time one of his family members or friends has asked if we were planning on getting a place together.

I told him later that it really hurt my feelings, because it sounds like its not important to him. When asked, he apologized and said he planned on living alone for 1 year at least.

What do you think of this?

n25philly
    Participant
    May 1, 2014 at 9:26 pm #52122

Considering the length of the relationship I’d say it’s time to evaluate the relationship and where it is going/where you want it to go. 2.5 years is a long time and if he is that reluctant to move in together it might be a sign that he doesn’t want to move forward with the relationship. If you want to get married, etc. in the future it might be a good time sit down with him and discuss it as he might not want that. It might suck to do, but might be better now that a year down the road.