Boyfriend has two phones and is a different person when I'm gone…?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JaimeLynn
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 1:38 am #145504

So, I’m dating a guy, have been for two years. I still live with my folks so he comes around sometimes and hangs out. So my sister came to me, not sure how to bring up what she wanted to tell me, my boyfriend has two phones. He uses one while I’m gone to work and another when I get home. He messages me while I’m at work but on an app. He spends a lot of time with me so I’m not sure if it’s cheating or what. I know he has one in his glove box and I assume that’s it but I haven’t gone through it. Also, he’s had woman’s body wash I’m his shower but says, he likes it… guy barely showers but the bottle is still in his shower after our two years together. I’m getting severely mixed signals. Also, he’s apparently a lazy douches around my family and multiple members tell me hes fake when I’m around. Like he’s a moody asshole all day and then acts polite and nice when I’m home. He’s also apparently a dick to his kids when I’m gone. He puts them down for naps and leaves them for like 4 hours..

JaimeLynn
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 1:40 am #145505

Getting them up right before I get home so he can play video games all day. I mean I’m not sure what to do. He’s great and nice and sweet to me and the kids when I’m around but my family has brought this to my attention, including my mother. So what’s the deal? Has he been faking for two years?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 12:46 pm #145596

well.. family/friends saying bad things about him is a bad sign.

on the women’s shower gel – do you ever smell that women’s shoer gel scent on him when you are with him? or in general? if not it means he DOESN’T SHOWER WITH IT! so it can’t be there because “he likes it”.

has anybody asked him about the 2 phones?
    how come your siste knew about the 2 phones? what is she doing with him that he’s flashing the 2nd phone around? is it possible it’s a business phone? has you sister witnessed him using the 2nd phone to confirm if he’s talking socially or only work/business on the 2nd phone?

These are the questions or answers I’d want to know to help me conclude.

But in general.. ALL these signs together don’t lok good – but I can’t conclude for sure yet.

JaimeLynn
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 10:23 am #145637

No. I have never smelt it on him. He has never even used it the many times I’ve gone with him to his house.

He sits outside in the garage and uses it or in the living room, she lives in the same house so she noticed it over time. Also, it is not a business phone, he has no job. But he’s apparently on it messaging constantly all day. Which I don’t message him constantly because I’m at work. No one had asked him because he’s apparently quite snippy about my family not butting in to his business. I have never seen it to be able to bring it up and he would probably just deny it and become more sneaky about it.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 12:26 pm #145724

he uses the female bath gel in the garage??? huh? lol
    ok well… yeah.. it all sounds… pretty bad 🙁 i’m sorry to say.

i’ not sure if he’s been faking the entire time – but it certainly sounds like he’s faking now – which is the only important thing right now. i hate to say it but i think it’s best if you break it off. people like that aren’t going to change – he’s already resisted change and been defiant about the subject matter when approached in any way.

so either you have to accept it and move on and accept him as he is – for what he is.
    or you end it and move on and say “no.. i will not be with a person like that.”

good luck.