Boyfriend.His kid.His ex.- I need wisdom

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:18 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Flotsam_
    Flotsam_
    Participant
    October 1, 2014 at 5:58 pm #65191

My bf and I have been dating for a few months,he has a kid.-As someone who’s childless,I have a lot questions -and although he encourages me talk to him,every time I do :I regret it. The last time I told him I was nervous about meeting her ( ex: What if she doesn’t like me?) – he only replies things like ”My kid cries occasionally because her mother and I are not together ‘( She’s 5, they’ve been separated for 3 yrs,I’m his 1st girlfriend since/and the mom has been with her bf for 2 yrs…wtf).And in the end,he winds up being sad after talking,and leaves me even more paranoid since,I haven’t been reassured at all.
    I’m also afraid of mamadrama.My bf, his ex and her bf are all recent immigrants from the USSR.The mom seems to be the conservative type,who takes gender roles very seriously ( ex :Gets upset if my bf buys his daughter a batman cup…because its for boys)..HA! ..i’m a local, i’m a welder and heavily tattooed.-I asked if his ex will instantly hate me and he laughs and shrugs