Boyfriend lied about amount of divorces

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 11:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anon33
    Participant
    July 24, 2017 at 2:04 pm #143009

Hi everyone – I really need some advice. I’ve been dating a guy I met on Match.com for about six months now. About a month into dating, we decided to be exclusive. I’m 33 and he is 39. He has always been super upfront about everything with me – we have discussed our past relationships (I’ve been engaged once but never married, he told me he’s been married once and his divorce was final in January – about a week after we started dating). He’s met my family, and I’m really into him. Today, through a friend of mine who works with his friend, I found out he’s actually been married twice (his friend casually mentioned that he seems serious about me despite being married twice, and assumed I already knew). I haven’t confronted him about it yet but I haven’t been able to stop shaking and feel like I’m going to vomit. We are supposed to go on vacation next week – our first vacation – to Mexico. I don’t know what to do. This is a huge betrayal of my trust. Please help!

Anonymous
    July 26, 2017 at 6:39 pm #143374

Please don’t go on any trips with that cloud of thoughts hanging over your head.
    Only one way to find out your friend was telling the truth is to raise the question to him in a serious sit down and chat session.
    To strike a balance & not seem confrontational (as you may not even have proof); be cautious in mentioning the friend’s name; let him know how you feel point black
    Depending on how he reacts / the answer he provides, if you feel skeptical you can cancel the trip.
    Be it a positive or negative result – take it easy, you can still have that vacation for yourself …

*PS. try to control your emotions during this process, be positive in your thoughts*

June_Bug 39
    Participant
    July 30, 2017 at 9:42 pm #143623

You definitely have to talk to him and say you heard that he was divorced twice and you want to know if it’s true. Aren’t divorce records public anyway? I would ask him before hunting down public records but I’m pretty sure that’s easy enough to find out.
    It is a really big deal but hey, Ross (from the Friends tv show) was divorced several times, too, and he seemed like a nice guy.
    Gook luck!