Boyfriend too close to his family

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 8:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

emmy1
    Participant
    October 18, 2017 at 11:19 pm #153330

What do you do when your serious boyfriend has to spend every other night at home at his parents house? It’s common among Italian families to stay at home frequently. I’ve talked to my boyfriend about how it bothers me and he says that eventually he won’t stay at home that frequently but he’s 29 going on 30. I’m interested in long term relationships and marriage. I see his family getting in the way of that. I don’t feel comfortable giving my boyfriend an ultimatum, saying that he needs to change because I want him to be happy. I want him live with me full time because he wants to. I have no problem with him spending the night once a week or visiting family whenever he wants, but he’s not comfortable with that. I’m looking for advice, my friends and family already think it’s strange that my boyfriend is financially independent but still feels the need to go home every other night. I don’t want to discuss the situation with them further, so I’m seeking help elsewhere.

Spring
    Participant
    October 20, 2017 at 2:02 am #153476

It is always a bad idea to come between someone you love and their family. I think this would especially be the case or someone with such a close bond with their family. Is there anyway you could join him some of the nights he spends with his family? I know some fan lies are still very traditional and would rather unmarried couples sleep separately, but that might be a small price to pay to spend time with him and his family. If you want a future with him, they will eventually be your family too.

MadameBoisseau
    MadameBoisseau
    Participant
    October 22, 2017 at 10:27 pm #153666

YOU think he is too close to his family because YOU are American. I am an immigrant, and I assure you: what he is doing is VERY normal for Europeans and if you try to stop it he will see you as cruel and not a good fit for his family. I would advise if you need so much personal attention you don’t date an immigrant, unless they are an orphan, because its AMERICANS that are unusual in being so separated from their families, most people on the planet are with their family often.

Selena321
    Selena321
    Participant
    October 26, 2017 at 9:56 am #154102

It seems that most guys I like especially American guys tend to come from a huge family and are close to them as well. I come from a small family and it really makes me feel insecure so I understand where you are coming from.I must mention that this one guy I like said that “if you don’t like his family then you don’t like him”, so I agree with the other participants. It will cause problems and he will choose them over you! Sucks I know but to be honest men like them should just marry their mamas./families and be over with lol!