break up but also a break?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

malibu123
    Participant
    July 8, 2015 at 1:52 pm #82301

My boyfriend of almost 2 years and I have only seriously broken up once before. We were apart for 3 months before he came back and changed a lot so our relationship could work. Last Thursday he broke up with me because he felt like nothing he ever did for me was enough. Before we broke up I told him I felt no “spark” in between us and I had been reading 50 shades of Grey. I believe now I had put too much emphasis on an unrealistic book on how a relationship should be. My boyfriend was hurt by that. We didn’t speak until Sunday when he contacted me to talk more.
    Basically he told me that he needed time apart to decide whether he needed me or we were together out of habit. He said I got upset way too much over little things (which I admit is true) and that he didn’t know who he was. He told me to go have a fun summer and to not wait for him. What do I do? I only want him and know now I am SO attracted to him. I want to work on how I get too upset and to feel appreciated.

malibu123
    Participant
    July 8, 2015 at 1:54 pm #82302

I also work with him this Thursday and Saturday, how am I supposed to act around him? When I saw him at the gym Monday all I said was “Hi.” and didn’t follow him or chase him around the gym, just continued my own workout. I truly want to give him this space. He says he’s in love with me but needs this space to figure himself out. I feel so lost. I can easily work on myself, but I’m afraid he won’t want to talk or he will be still unsure of who he is.

mldfw
    Participant
    July 11, 2015 at 9:35 am #82643

Have you told him that you recognize your flaws? Also, 50SOG is hot, but it is an abusive relationship, not a consensual relationship that involves BDSM. Which do you want?