Breakups & Ex’s

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Breakups & Ex’s

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    October 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm #15496
    Breakups & Ex’s

Whether he was coming on too hard or he chose to cheat. It’s over. All details are welcomed!

sphinx_s
    sphinx_s
    Participant
    October 24, 2012 at 3:43 pm #15537

I had a hard breakup with a guy I dated for 2 years…our biggest thing was fighting through FB and feeling this emotional weight on my shoulders. Guess looking back at it, it was for nothing really-I haven’t talked to him in a couple months…

SoupForTheSoul
    Participant
    October 24, 2012 at 3:48 pm #15782

It’s sad when i see two of my friends who are a couple fight online. It’s just so immature.

NYC_guy
    NYC_guy
    Participant
    October 26, 2012 at 9:49 pm #15783

I dunno, FB is become a pretty real thing in terms of relationships. I’ve heard people say before, It’s not official until its FB official.

isis_brown
    isis_brown
    Participant
    November 1, 2012 at 3:32 pm #15917

Once I was with this really sweet girl, btu she really was a girl. She needed me to tuck her in at night before we went to sleep. Sometimes she needed me to turn a lite on in the hallway so it wouldn’t be totally dark, and we always slept with the door open. Anyway, she was sweet, but immature. One day she saw me talking with an attractive woman and got really jealous, so jealous that she threw a tantrum in the bedroom, threw lamps everywhere. I had to call the police to calm her down, even the neighbors cam over to see what was going on. She finally calmed down, but she was so suspicious after that that i had to end it.

SoupForTheSoul
    Participant
    November 1, 2012 at 3:40 pm #15919

Oh no, thats awful! How did she take it? What happened?

isis_brown
    isis_brown
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm #16175

I’ve always been a mature person so I was able to cut off communication because she got out of hand but we’re still friends to this day.

broomhilda
    broomhilda
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 4:50 pm #16377

I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years because I just got tired of him. i know that sounds awful, but when your with someone just out of habit, it gets boring. you talk about the same things all the time, you always do the same thing. my friends were getting impatient with me because it started seepign into the other parts of my life, and so finally I realized I had to break up with him or I’d just become this boring person always. i was surprised when I heard he felt the same way but didnt know how to bring it up.

MoneyTree
    MoneyTree
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 4:52 pm #16378

It can be really dangerous to be in a relationship based on habit. That happened to me too.

sphinx_s
    sphinx_s
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 1:01 pm #17015
    Reply To: Breakups & Ex’s

NYC_guy wrote:I dunno, FB is become a pretty real thing in terms of relationships. I’ve heard people say before, It’s not official until its FB official.

There really is a big difference when you put your relationship online or not. It’s pretty common to see a couple is “official” when you jump on their online profile.

carlycatz
    carlycatz
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 2:40 pm #17025

Is silly though because the online world isn’t real!! So many of us expect to share every detail with one another and it gets really overwhelming!

When I broke up with my ex he was really cool about not bringing up anything online so I’m glad things didn’t go sour. We didn’t delete each other and we rarely saw each other in town. Guess it was a case of “out of sight out of mind.”

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by carlycatz carlycatz.
    username_25
    username_25
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 3:04 pm #17038

I wouldn’t say it’s “not real.” It’s a bit harder to judge what’s most natural and what’s down right silly so if anything, it’s important not to take stuff too seriously.

stevie
    stevie
    Participant
    November 23, 2012 at 11:26 am #17131

How does that song go “breaking up is hard to do”. Usually when I’m going to break up with a guy, I drag it out for a few weeks. I just don’t have the nerve to do a clean break. I try to be subtle, drop a few hints, but it never seems to work. The last guy I broke up with I knew it would break his heart. I couldn’t do it face to face and did it over the phone.

Jason
    Jason
    Participant
    November 26, 2012 at 11:35 am #17201

Is silly though because the online world isn’t real!!

Oh it is real, people kill themselves, meet “other people” and more that start online. Besides that most companies now check FB pages before hiring. Posting anything online can affect your life, even your relationship status. If I changed mine to single, the explanation I would have to give the the wife would really need to be real…

Sure, you can be fake on the net but it can always come back to your world.

@broomhilda, you did the right thing. He wanted out too. Even if he didn’t, you did the right thing because it wasn’t going anywhere constructive.

good_burger
    Participant
    November 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm #17388

I think the online world isn’t real to the point where we all expect people to act the same way they would in person which is hardly ever the case.

People are breaking up and clingin onto Facebook to watch their exes every move. It’s ridiculous

1 2 3