But what's wrong with me??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 11:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

angellmia
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 4:29 pm #169367

I’ve had one too many experiences where I get to know a boy and then I introduce one of my friends to him, which is always a bad idea and I’ve learned from it now. Every time the boy strays away from me and chooses them instead.

I don’t consider myself unattractive, I mean I manage to pull guys who are interested in hookups but only hookups. Then once they’ve had it they’re gone. it’s gotten to me to the point where I’ve lost a fun side of myself when I meet new people because I’m always worried that there’s something to dislike about me so then I end up being boring.

Hon9231
    Participant
    April 3, 2018 at 10:18 am #169417

I don’t really have any advice , but I think I know how you feel. Like you are sex only girl , not a datable girl. you are not alone. I’m not sure why they see us as not girlfriend material.

PRW
    Participant
    April 3, 2018 at 3:47 pm #169463

Keep your pants zipped and you won’t have the problem. If you are easy then the guy knows you will eventually be easy with another guy,…probably while you are still seeing him. If you show the guy discipline by telling him “no” and the pants stay zipped he will figure that you will do the same to any other guy and you will be more trustable to him.

Now if you are dealing with moral-less guys that are one step above the morality of a chimpanzee then just stay away from those. It is just common sense. It isn’t that hard to spot who those guys are if you try.

redbaby
    Participant
    April 4, 2018 at 1:29 pm #169570

I suggest that you stop introducing guys that your are really interested in to your friends

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 9:40 am #169732

You said: “I’ve had one too many experiences where I get to know a {boy}…etc”
    First of all very few “boys” are looking to settle down period.
    They want to party with friends, play video games, watch sports, and get laid.

Generally speaking it’s a waste of time to become emotionally invested with boys or girls for that matter as teenagers.
    Most teens have yet to figure out who (they) are let alone know what it is they want or need in a mate.
    The best use of your time as a teenager is to focus on schooling, looking to establish a career, and date for the (fun) of it.
    Only have sex because (you) want to have sex. Don’t expect sex to translate into love or into a commitment.

Another thing you need to consider is your “mate selection process” or “must haves list”.
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    If you have experienced meeting boys who end up dating your “friends” you need to examine why (you) chose these guys and those friends.