Can anyone else relate to this?… (guys or girls)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Luna_Lee
    Luna_Lee
    Participant
    May 26, 2015 at 3:23 am #79714

so I am in my twenties, and while most ppl my age are partying or just having fun and ‘playing the field’, the whole thing of putting myself out there and ‘dating’ really doesn’t appeal a whole lot to me…
    I am straight, and had a couple relationships when I was pretty young (nothing uber serious). I DO like guys and often find them attractive, but I guess the whole ‘work’ or effort of making myself go out there just seems kind of exhausting to me… I enjoy being social and hanging out with friends (and most of my friends are and have always been guys), I just can’t get myself ‘psyched up’ for anything more than that.
    My life is going really great professionally (I have my dream job I always wanted), but the idea of investing myself in another person just doesn’t sound that appealing to me… ( I LOVE my friends, and those relationships, I just am not looking for the ‘responsibility’ of a romantic one right now…)
    Is that weird? & Can anyone else out there my age relate to this?

yohomeboii
    Participant
    May 27, 2015 at 8:41 pm #79803

I am a male in high school, and I can totally relate to this. I relate to everything you have said; sometimes it just seems like a lot of work to put yourself out there. I try and be content with being thought of as attractive, as it gives me confidence and some of the good feelings that come with having a partner, but without the work.