Can anyone help me understand this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

0807nm
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 5:28 am #136167

I met a guy two weeks ago and we pretty much talk every day, albeit it’s sometimes just once a day. We’ve been on two dates, one of which was great fun and we both had a great time. Now I understand he’s a busy man as he has his own business but I didn’t know what to think about him ringing me once a day and not talking the rest of the time. The main reason this played on my mind as when he would ring me, he would seem distracted and so I couldn’t understand why he rang me in the first place. On the last occassion, he seemed very distracted so I said look I’ll leave you to it to which he replied that I’d been rambling on. Now that hurt as I’d only been talking because he wasn’t! This played on my mind but here comes what I don’t get, when I basically said that I didn’t feel we were compatible and I wanted to call it a day he sent this:

0807nm
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 5:31 am #136168

I actually told you the other day, I like that your chatty…I was in a bad mood, because of business and I felt bad I couldn’t chat…You know what, we have had 2 nice dates, last time I had more fun with you on the pleasure beach than I have had in a long time and I really thought we had something special going on. I guess what I am trying to say is I really like you and can’t wait to see you again…xx

He then asked me on another date and I decided to give it a shot, only to the next day get this:
    Will not be able to get to there until 9pm. So will probably be too late for you, I’m at Chester races thursday. Want to see you soon…xx

What is that all about?! He tried to ring me Tues night but I didn’t pick up and we haven’t spoken since. I don’t understand, was it all a game??
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 11:14 am #136254

That is a very hard one, I usually would have an answer. I will do my best but you are right he does seem very distractedly it also seems like you really like and very concern about him. If your dates went well and he has his own business he could be worrying about his business, first of all, what kind of business is it, I would think if he really likes you he would make time for you and would really want to devote his time and attention to you. You do have a good question why does he bother calling you, the next time he does that I would tell him can you call me back when you have more time and if that don’t work it is a good chance he was playing you. I wish you the best.

anonymous
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 4:53 pm #136342

This is your own choice here. If you like him so much that you are willing to wait and be patient with him and his business, which may be a long long time, you should give him another chance. If you don’t think its worth it or you have any doubts about the relationship, you should end it. If you aren’t sure you want it, don’t wait for it. If you end it and he works really really hard to try to get you back (not like pretending to promise to spend more time, but actually making romantic gestures to try to win you back), then you should give him a chance if you think he will make you happy. Good luck!