Can I ask him??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Can I ask him??

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 4:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cleo1198
    Participant
    June 26, 2017 at 10:28 pm #140667
    Can I ask him??

So I’ve been “seeing” this guy for about three weeks now. I know, still early, but we’ve been on several dates; going out to eat, out on his boat for the day, getting carry out and relaxing at home, etc. We’ve made out but no sex yet. He makes sure you kiss me hi and when we end the night and almost always says good morning every day. He texted me a lot more in the beginning, but not as much now. He said in the beginning he is looking for a relationship, which I believe, and that he doesn’t date more than one woman at a time. Just these past two days, his texting has been much more sparse. He still texts but it seems off. My question I guess is, I know it hasn’t been long, and nothing has ever been specified what is going on, but can I ask him what’s going on or if everything is ok, or something? He told me in the beginning to make sure that if anything is bothering me or I didn’t like something, to tell him and something just seems off these past couple of days. Help?

love07
    Participant
    July 4, 2017 at 2:15 am #141284

Hi There…. no one likes when the texting starts to die down and in every relationship it will happen. Unfortunately you can’t sustain sending 100 messages a day. It is early days, perhaps schedule in the next date and go from there. And if you still feel like things are off perhaps ask him if he’s currently dating other people. Hopefully that will open the door to explain how you’re really feeling, but I think it’s more important that you don’t use this conversation to discuss “what are we” but more so that you’re both on the same page and would like to see where things lead – it is very early stages and you don’t want him feel like he’s losing his freedom. Men needs their space and this might be what it is. Its important that you live your own life and doing things, you don’t want to come off needy. I hope this helps.

Bryguy
    Participant
    July 4, 2017 at 3:43 am #141289

Ask him what’s going on

elena1235
    Participant
    July 10, 2017 at 2:48 pm #141571

I would ask him! It helps to keep things straightforward in the beginning to stay on the same page.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    July 10, 2017 at 4:51 pm #141616

you may be jumping the gun. anybody can get distracted or busy “over 2 days”. so it might be too soon to ask. I’d wait more like 2 weeks or more. then it’s find to ask in the spirit of, “hey.. everything okay? you haven’ been acting like yourself lately…” and how he responds right away tells you if it’s fading or not.

good luck.

Roddd210
    Roddd210
    Participant
    July 10, 2017 at 6:39 pm #141642

Don’t do it! Has anything happened since then?

July 11, 2017 at 3:37 am #141651

It’s too soon to tell because two days is not very long. However, your intuition could be telling you something. I think he’s seeing another woman, at least in the same situation as you, dating with no sex.

I think this is ok for a man to do. He is at least not trying to use you for sex while he does the same with another woman.

I know he said he only dates one woman at a time but does “date” mean have sex? Because if so, he could be seeing a few different women and not sleeping with them.