Can I change his mind?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Can I change his mind?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pops09
    Participant
    November 2, 2015 at 3:28 pm #87782
    Can I change his mind?

So i started speaking to a guy on match.com last week and we messaged eachother pretty much everyday. He is Greek and I am Indian. I have never dated out of my culuture before but knew that I wanted to try. We exchanged numbers and have been messaging for three/four days , from what we have spoke about we seem to want the same things and it is very hard to find that nowadays. We have spoken on the phone once and he has a very strong accent but i still understood him. I texted him the next morning saying that It won’t work out , the accent did put me off a little but did not tell him this. I now think have I made a mistake and rushed in to a decision based on something very silly when I should have given him a chance. I do also feel nervous about being in a situation that ive never been in before. I tend to get put off by the sillest and smallest of things but ffeel like im ruining my chances of meeting a genuine person . How can I rectify this situation?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  pops09.

allieap
    Participant
    November 2, 2015 at 10:43 pm #87796

I say you should be honest with him. You found each other on a dating website so you both know each other’s intentions, so just explain to him that you’re vulnerable to new people and quick to find reasons to not pursue promising relationships. Tell him it is something you are trying to work on, and would like to continue talking. Offer to take him out somewhere.

pops09
    Participant
    November 3, 2015 at 4:21 am #87812

the only thing that is keeping me from texting him now is if he does give me another chance and it doesn’t work out it will be another slap in the face for him