can i ever be in a relationship..(girl's advice needed)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:18 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

happygoluckyss
    Participant
    November 3, 2015 at 1:38 am #87806

Long story short,i was 18 or 19 in a happy relationship for past 2 years when due to a medical condition i gained a lot of weight..stretchmarks followed pretty nasty ones(belly,arms,pretty much everywhere on upper body)…a month after i m covered in em everything changed no more hitting the beach etc etc, i was so depressed i hardly talked to anyone.The only one i could share it with was her and some how buckled up n i showed her and boom she changed…stopped texting me n all told me on face she could not date me anymore i was devastated more than ever.
    From that point i m usually too terrified of girls, would never talk to an unknown girl, people do again and again ask me to get out but they do not know the reality.
    So the question for ladies is should i just stop should i just accept the fact that some people are not meant to know love.
    Help me would you date someone like this if u like him for his personality and his traits(honest answers pls)

Summer20
    Participant
    November 3, 2015 at 2:51 am #87807

I think you should definitely try to look for someone, if you are afraid to talk to girls in real life maybe you should try looking for a date website

happygoluckyss
    Participant
    November 3, 2015 at 3:11 am #87811

It’s not about fear of girls, it’s about what will follow next what if she reacts the same way my ex did and walks away just because of a thing i had no control over plus i am really confused i have been with just 1 girl and her reaction has somehow made me believe no matter how good, decent, loyal(no boasting people do say this to me) you can be good for no one.
    That’s what my question is?
    Should i just accept the fact that i m gonna die lonely and at the end of the day are looks the only thing that matter.
    I just need advice from people who have been in same situation
    I need to know from ladies around here if you like someone and you find out that he is scared with all those horrible marks would you just leave him for this reason.

happygoluckyss
    Participant
    November 6, 2015 at 8:27 am #87998

Is there any female kind enough to take 5 mins of her time and share her views on it, there is this girl she likes me I like her too but Idk if I should proceed I have a really nice face maybe that’s the only reason she likes me though not at all boasting people love to be around me but I have a really cursed body almost 80% of my upper body is covered in stretchmarks and they are really big and ugly all I want to know is will anyone ever be able to overlook them. I really want to date this girl but I am in not in mind state of getting ridiculed and rejected again bcs of the marks. Should I just accept that I deserve no one.

akitty07
    Participant
    November 6, 2015 at 3:00 pm #88055

I think you should go for it if this girl likes you and you like her! If she really likes you, she will accept everything about you, stretch marks and all.

As a girl, I worry a lot about my own body as well. I mean I’m not athletic in any sense and have stretch marks and cellulite that look glaringly obvious to me and I wonder how that can be attractive to any guy. But recently, I was fully naked in front of a guy I really like and although I was so nervous and trying so hard to hide parts of me I didn’t like, he just held me and told me he found me sexy and beautiful, and I wondered why I even worried. Once I let go of that worry and anxiety, I felt so much better about myself and my body.

If a girl is going to dump you simply because you have stretch marks, then she’s not a girl worth dating anyway. You should be more confident in yourself, and do what makes you happy! If this girl really likes you, she will be happy that you are happy!

Fedirk
    Participant
    November 6, 2015 at 3:51 pm #88065

If a girl is not going to give you them time of day because of stretch marks, then that girl isn’t the right girl for you. I think you should ask this girl out if you like her. I have asked girls out on dates and have gotten success and failings. The people that don’t accept you for who you are don’t matter. The only way your going to know if this girl likes you is to ask her out.

wadamski93
    Participant
    November 7, 2015 at 12:23 pm #88094

Go for it man; you can do it!

hopslam17
    Participant
    November 7, 2015 at 12:47 pm #88097

I agree with everyone else here. I know it’s hard, but try to remain confident even if you aren’t having luck.

DatingDoozy
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 2:22 pm #120874
    Reply To: can i ever be in a relationship..(girl's advice needed)

Love is not about weight or looks. People of ALL shapes and sizes are in relationships and all kinds of people are in relationships! It is about finding the right person. Many people, who also may have a medical condition that has been a struggle for them, can really relate to your story and that might bring you closer. Find someone that is kind, compassionate, caring, and interested in YOU, regardless of appearance. I know it can happen because look around! It happens to everyone. NO ONE is unlovable.

2017winter
    2017winter
    Participant
    December 21, 2016 at 7:25 pm #120906

There has to be an attraction there, of course… I believe as people get older they are less seeking perfection (because it doesn’t exist) and most women would not hesitate to date a guy who was slightly overweight or has stretch marks. I know I certainly wouldn’t turn someone away for that if they were a great guy and there was, of course, some chemistry or attraction. If someone chooses to treat you differently because of that, then they do not deserve you. And that is the truth. Younger people may be more shallow, but just have confidence in yourself because people are drawn to confident people. Focus on yourself and you’ll find the right gal!

December 22, 2016 at 5:23 pm #120944

Time will tell! Be patient. I was just like you and now I have a boyfriend who loves me with his whole heart.

Fordtrucks
    Participant
    December 23, 2016 at 3:23 am #120949

Yes