Can I filter criteria on websites by height?  I'm picky…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Can I filter criteria on websites by height? I'm picky…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sharks
    Sharks
    Participant
    November 28, 2012 at 4:58 am #17432
    Can I filter criteria on websites by height? I'm picky…

Hi everyone. I’m recently divorced and I will be entering back into the world of dating. But i have a problem – I’m a big guy. I’m 6 foot 9 and over 300 pounds. I’m not in particularly bad medical condition – it’s mostly muscle, i swear.

The problem lies in my choice for women. I prefer bigger girls that are at least 5 foot 9 or so. Unfortunately the pickiness in my taste of women has been preventing me from getting me any dates at all. I have several friends who are wiling to put me on dates with some of their friends, but they just don’t have any women that meet this criteria I have set.

I’ve been contemplating making an account on sites such as eharmony and match.com, but I’m wondering if I can sort potential results by height criteria.

Do I need to open up, and not be so picky when it comes to women? I’m in my late 30s now, I’m sure I’m running out of “fish in the sea,” how possible is it that I’ll find a whale?

underthesea
    underthesea
    Participant
    November 28, 2012 at 5:59 pm #17487

I say you need to stop being so picky. A lovely woman whos just right for you might have to wear heels all the time around you, but if you love each other, what does height matter?

username_25
    username_25
    Participant
    November 28, 2012 at 6:00 pm #17488

I just had a friend who got married to a man who was more than a foot taller than her. There so cuuute together!

blogitt_now
    Participant
    November 29, 2012 at 6:03 pm #17708

I’m a veeeerrry small girl, not even 5 foot 2. its hard for me to find men who are my size and don’t tower over me. i dont think theres anything wrong w trying to filter by hight. you cant help how tall you are or how short you are and kissing is suuuuper awk if you have to do it with someone a foot taller than you. hurts the neck

Brian12
    Brian12
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 12:22 am #17715

Most dating sites allow for people to put their height/weight in their profile. I suppose you can just hand pick through them until you find someone you’d like to start chatting with.

I wouldn’t be too picky about it though. I’m a tall guy myself, and I’ve had some pretty great relationships with women that are barely 5 feet tall.

coryhopps
    Participant
    December 20, 2012 at 2:43 pm #19189

I agree with Brian. Don’t be too picky, some girls tend to lie about their weight and height so even if they add or subtract that extra inch, it might not be the most serious deal breaker.