Can I get out of the friend zone?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

alexbept
    Participant
    March 11, 2016 at 12:42 pm #95457

So basically there’s this girl that I like (a lot!!), and we’re friends for two years now. I will quickly explain you how it all started.
    We met two years ago more or less. We got on a few dates, I think she was interested in me at the beggining, I was even invited to dinner at her place with her parents and brother and we saw a movie later. I remember I gave her a flower and later she texted me saying that that was her favourite flower and bla bla bla. However I guess I started loosing her when I told her (twice, on two different ocasions) that she was very special to me. The second time this happened she got angry with me and told me to stop saying those things. After that we had a conversation where I told her about my feelings for her and that I liked her, but she said that she never showed interest in me and she never gave me hopes (which I disagree with). Despite this, we remained friends, as she considered me her best friend back then.

BringItOn
    Participant
    March 14, 2016 at 12:18 pm #95581

Yes, this is the problem, I have been in your situation but for almost 3 years and something where I kept getting hopes from the girl I liked a lot !!! However, she just kept hurting me, and she is always keen to see me whenever she needs me. After I confessed my feelings to her, she showed no interest, but kept giving me hope for nothing basically. After the third year, she just decided to start dating some guy and told me about it during one of the times when we’ve gone out. I couldn’t anything about it, because I have already been friend zoned right from the beginning !!!!!

patti1967
    patti1967
    Participant
    March 15, 2016 at 1:13 pm #95717

I hate to say this, but you are definitely in the friend zone. When a guy I’m friends with starts saying things like you have said to your girl, and I’ve responded with, “Stop saying things like that”, it means I really want to just be friends. I’m sorry.

bumblebee35
    Participant
    March 15, 2016 at 1:59 pm #95719

Don’t flirt with her. Regardless of how she acted in the past, she made it clear that she sees you as a friend now. But, good news, by having her get comfortable with you as a friend, she might see you as more in the future (great couples are often great friends in real life). But no more display of affection towards her. Girls like it when guys are somewhat hard to get