Can someone help me get an idea of what's going on in her mind?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

toffee1878
    Participant
    April 19, 2017 at 9:58 am #133635

I spoke to a girl for 3 months all day everyday, that ended and we fell out she called me needy, so I took advice on here and people said not contact her for 2 weeks but she literally contacted on the night i asked for advice on here previously, so that screwed that advice up, then I tried not contacting her for a few days and she messaged me on Easter Sunday and we spoke the whole day, few days pass and I ask her if she wants to start talking like we used to again and now she ignores me, why is she doing this? She’s saying she doesn’t want to talk then talks to me a few days later and then that process gets repeated as it has done for the past 2 weeks

Anonymous
    April 24, 2017 at 10:52 am #134145

It sounds like she may want to talk just not all day. If she likes you maybe she wants you to ask her out? Maybe she’s frustrated you haven’t ask her out.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 24, 2017 at 12:00 pm #134172

its the classic girls game – if you’er too available and they know they have you – they aren’t interested.
    if you aren’t paying attention and they dont’ know if they have you anymore – they need to know and win you back and get clingy.

If you realize this – the above makes TOTAL sense.

So how do you win her over? Stay distant enough that she keeps coming to you.. then take advantage and enjoy it when she does… but don’t become TOO available that she never misses you and gets disinterseted.

Ultimately.. i guess my real advice is – a girl who plays the game THIS MUCH – may want to pass on her.

Ocean77
    Participant
    May 17, 2017 at 9:16 pm #136827

I agree with what this guy is saying^^ I think that this girl is more or less testing to see how you react to her coming and going

Amanda
    Participant
    May 18, 2017 at 8:24 pm #136903

Maybe she just wants to slow done the frequency of your conversations and take things slow. Don’t give up but give her the space and let her be the one to contact you.

SnowGirl
    Participant
    May 20, 2017 at 3:03 am #137050

She clearly misses talking to you and probably the attention as well. Even if she is not looking for a romantic relationship, you guys clearly had some sort of “relationship” going on if you were talking for 3 months. The problem is, your heart is already invested and she doesn’t seem to know what she wants. Or she knows what she wants (not a relationship), but it’s sometimes difficult walking away from someone you were used to talking to everyday for 3 months. The reality is, you must think of your own heart. YOU might have to be the one to say we need some space or give an ultimatum of not talking for some amount of time. A month (or two) is probably better than 2 weeks. Or at least be clear with your expectations. If you let this continue, as difficult as it is to take certain actions, your heart will continue to be in this emotional limbo. What she is doing is not respectful and in reality, manipulative (even if she may not see it this way).