Can we truly go back to being JUST FRIENDS?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 5:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Smilinqt
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 3:40 pm #141272

I met a guy online 2 months ago. We started dating but made it clear that we both felt that it was important that we established a true friendship first and we did. We both decided to give each other our full attention. . We talked all day, everyday, hung out 2-3 times a week. About a month in, he let’s me know that he realized that he is not actually ready for a relationship. He had just moved to the area for work 2 week prior to meeting. We basically pushed pause on the relationship expectations but continued like before. until then we had not been physical, not even a kiss. He finally made a move after he told me that he’s not the type to have sex unless he has feelings. He also would get defensI’ve when I joked that he friend zoned me, and denied putting me in the friend zone. Last weekend an old friend reached out and made it known that she was interested in him from his home and he let me know that he felt that he had to explore it but didn’t want to lose my friendship.

love07
    Participant
    July 5, 2017 at 11:13 am #141285

What is it that you want? Do you want to be friends with him? Or do you want something more? What ever it is that you want, you deserve the best and you also deserve not having your time wasted. By the sounds of it, he doesn’t know what he wants.

naddie88
    Participant
    July 6, 2017 at 7:18 pm #141386

im guessing you met this guy on a dating website? If so you were both on there looking for someone even tho you wanted to build a friendship first, at least from your side you wanted more otherwise you wouldn’t have taken the time to get to know him and for the possibility that Things could progress to a possible relationship. I personally think that you need to take a step back friend or not this guy obviously doesn’t know what he wants right now and even if you were to stay friends and he got with another girl would you feel hurt could you watch that and just be his friend those are the questions I would ask myself by him sayin he would want too explore this other girl but still keep you as a friend just screams that perhaps he wants his cake and eat it like if he spends time with this other girl and she’s not what he wants after all coming back too you and try again..your number one in your life you have to protect yourself and do the best for you. I wish you all the best of luck