Can you have a relationship with someone you're not physically attracted to?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Baccus666
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 9:27 am #102146

This guy and I have been best friends for 10 years. Recently he told me he was in love with me. I didn’t think of him that way until now. We’re mentally and emotionally compatible on every level. We talk all day long and we want all the same things out of life. But, in risk of sounding shallow, I don’t find him physically appealing at all in any way. I want to have a romantic relationship with him, but I can’t see myself kissing him, or even getting to the point of sex. Is there any hope? Can I trick myself into wanting something physical with him?

XanderXV
    XanderXV
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 11:32 am #102147

You don’t necessarily require to find someone physically attractive to love them. In fact, the person I’m crushing on is definitely not sexually attractive in any way, but I still adore her.
    The feeling of love is more emotional than physical. So I’d definitely say that there is hope. You said that mentally and emotionally, you were very compatible, so that enough should make a good relationship.
    Sex and kissing aren’t necessarily the things that come with love, they are what show it.
    If you’re at least willing to kiss him and/or have sex with him at at least some point in your relationship, you should be fine. Hell, he might not even want sex. Most people do like kissing though.
    Hope this helps at least a bit. <(^-^)>

Louie97
    Participant
    June 5, 2016 at 4:16 pm #102198

awww. I believe that over time that your love for him will grow even STRONGER to the point where his looks will grow on you…I’ve seen it happen before. Just give it time. All the best.