Can't get her out of my head.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

User2014
    Participant
    December 12, 2014 at 3:31 pm #69115

Okay, so she is about 3 and a half years younger than me(she’s 16 now) and she is really cute! We both went to the same private tuition a few years back and we never talked. I had no contact with her whatsoever until a few days back when I saw her on facebook. And after that I really cannot get her out of my head. I check her profile every few hours just to look at her pictures. It’s becoming really difficult for me to concentrate on my studies considering my semester exams are going on. I really do want to ask her out but she’s so young, and also I’m kinda shy. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to help me on this situation.

DCM
    DCM
    Participant
    December 12, 2014 at 9:57 pm #69130

Be careful with those emotions. We’ve all had those feelings, but they can lead to heartbreak by letting us make illogical decisions… Right now, she seems a little too young for you. I recommend continuing in life and possibly looking for someone else. When she graduates high school and you’re still interested, then feel free to ask her on a date.

DON’T LET YOUR EMOTIONS CONTROL YOU!!! And keep in mind that she might not ‘be the one’.

Confusedyoungman
    Participant
    December 14, 2014 at 11:00 am #69149

Do be careful. She is only 16, and since it appears that you’ve never had any communication with her, she me interpret it as stalking or harassment if you suddenly contact her and ask her for a date. A few years ago, I contacted a lady I had once worked with and liked to innocently tell her that I’d always had feelings for her, and it got me into serious trouble. Be careful!

User2014
    Participant
    December 14, 2014 at 11:59 am #69151

Thanks a ton DCM and Confusedyoungman(sounds funny, lol). It really did help me a lot. I guess to continue with my life is the best thing for me right now. Easier said than done of course.

Themedic
    Themedic
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 3:02 am #69253

Seems like you caught the love bug man but at her age shes going through so many things that jumping for her will not end well. Its infatuation love dosnt really happen like it does in the movies and when you get older and have some scars on your heart you will understand what I mean.

james toreno
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 10:00 am #69258

move on plenty of fish in the sea

hopelessromantic012
    Participant
    December 17, 2014 at 8:46 am #69325

you never know until you try. please, please, please try. you will regret it if you don’t try

arianaxoxo
    Participant
    December 17, 2014 at 2:05 pm #69357

Life is about taking risks and who knows.. she could be your soul-mate but definitely be careful.

YouSeeLA11
    YouSeeLA11
    Participant
    December 17, 2014 at 4:41 pm #69379

Go for it. School is more important than anything for you right now.

Satisfy your curiosity for the answer if it means that you’ll be able to focus on your schoolwork. Either way, you’ll come out for the better, since you can achieve better concentration on your studies.

Word of caution, if she’s under 18 (16 y/o) and you’re over 21, please consider that you might just well be Dale Denton from Pineapple Express.

User2014
    Participant
    December 18, 2014 at 8:34 am #69390
    Reply To: Can't get her out of my head.

^^ Dude, I’m 19.

User2014
    Participant
    December 18, 2014 at 8:34 am #69391

Go for it. School is more important than anything for you right now.
    Satisfy your curiosity for the answer if it means that you’ll be able to focus on your schoolwork. Either way, you’ll come out for the better, since you can achieve better concentration on your studies.
    Word of caution, if she’s under 18 (16 y/o) and you’re over 21, please consider that you might just well be Dale Denton from Pineapple Express.

^^ Dude, I’m 19.

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    December 19, 2014 at 9:19 am #69460

Well make sure that you don’t just keep doing what you’re doing now. At only 19 years old, dating a 16 year old wouldn’t be that huge of a deal (at least in my mind). I think it’s ultimately going to benefit you the most to talk with her in some sort of a conversational setting first to get to see how you interact with each other. If you can come away from a simple conversation or two really thinking that you’d still like to make a move, then you can probably do so. Asking her out without ever even talking with her will make her probably feel a little awkward and uncomfortable, so I’d really make sure to handle the situation with care and to get to know her a little more before making a big move like asking her out.

User2014
    Participant
    December 26, 2014 at 1:14 pm #69634

Thank you everyone. Its probably just an infatuation. And I have stopped checking her profile( sounds really, really creepy now ). But even now, whenever she comes to my mind, my heart, literally skips a beat.

phil1234
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 7:18 pm #69683

Move on….more girls out there