Can't get her out of my head.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Idontevenknow
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 6:59 am #92608

So I met this girl on Tinder. Yes, Tinder, I know.
    After some small talk, I asked her if she wanted to get a drink sometime. She did, we met up, had fun during the date, it ended with a hug and me saying I’d love to see her again sometime. To which she replied with a big smile “Yes, sounds fun!”
    That same night I texted her, once again saying I had a lot of fun and asking if she got home safe. She replied a few minutes later saying she also had a lot of fun and yes indeed, she got home safe.
    Two days later I struck up a small conversation via text referencing back to something we talked about during the date and after a while asked her if she would like to meet up again a few days later. She then didn’t respond until two days later (never took that long for her to respond before) saying she was sorry for taking so long to respond, but she doesn’t really know what she wants at the moment.

Idontevenknow
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 7:03 am #92609

Continuation:

She said she had a lot fun, but is having doubts about it and because of those doubts thinks it’s better to maybe not meet up again. To which I replied that her taking so long was no problem at all (I waited a few hours before responding) and I suggested getting some drinks together (instead of the dinner I suggested before, I thought maybe dinner seemed a bit to intimate for her) and if she feels the same way after that, we don’t meet up again, no problem at all. Now, almost two days later, still no response. Usually I would not really give a crap about this and just move on. However, I cannot for the life of me get this girl out of my head. She embodies everything I have ever wanted in a girl and although I know this is probably fleeting and will go away in a short time, I want her, not just sexually, but as a person. Do you think I still have a shot if I stopped pursuing her now and waited a while? Maybe run into her somewhere in a few months?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Idontevenknow.

Idontevenknow
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 9:06 am #92610

More continuation (this is a long story, what the hell):

So my question is: do you think there’s anything there? I’m not an idiot and can see that she’s not exactly over the moon for me. However, I’m wondering if there is at least a little bit of attraction.

And with that: do you think at some point in time I will have a chance? My idea is I should probably leave it as it is now and not pursue her at this moment. Do you think I will have a chance if I were to run into her, say a few months down the road?

phyrewerx
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 10:16 am #92626

Did she seem too good to be true? she probably is.
    Tinder is a way call girls meet clients. Did you do anything to suggest you have plenty of money?
    If you did, she might want to get to know you. This kind of woman is clever. After talking to you for awhile she can determine if you will pay a high price for sex.
    You probably want to have a girlfriend that is similar to her after a long conversation with a man she can find out if he has paid a girl for sex. She will then say something about how she understands why men do that, and it makes alot of sense to her. Then she can skillfully transform this conversation into you giving her money.
    She wont just come out and say she is a call girl, but she can find out if you are the kind of guy who will rent a woman, and if you are, before long the man will find himself in a hotel room with her and leaving plenty of money on the table.
    If you don’t like prostitution, she can figure that out before revealing she is a professional, and she can av

phyrewerx
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 10:35 am #92630

Some men think it is a good thing that they can afford to hire a call girl. Having that much money can be something they worked hard for, and maybe they should reward themselves for being so successful. You have an animal instinct to procreate and some women can use that to get you excited and you may enjoy doing her so much, it will be worth the money.
    The problem is she won’t give you a freebie.
    You have plenty of good reasons to object to this.

Idontevenknow
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 11:06 am #92635

We have several mutual friends and I’m 100% sure she is not a callgirl. Although I agree Tinder is often used for this kind of thing, it isn’t really in my area.

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 2, 2016 at 1:25 pm #92651

Sorry dude — this seems like a pretty crappy situation.. If I had to guess what was going on with her, I’d say she probably is talking to multiple guys through Tinder or other means and you might not be the top of the totem poll so-to-speak. If I were you, I’d lay it out there (you have very little to lose seeing how you have only known her for a short period). But I’d approach it this way — Tell her how you feel (You really did feel a connection and 100% want to put your time/energy into seeing what comes out of trying to make it work with her) and say that you think that she’d be missing out on a really great guy if she didn’t give you a shot (you have to still carry a sense of pride/value). Say that you understand if she says no — but that all you are really asking for is a chance (second date).

If she says no, pick yourself up and move on — anyone who isn’t willing to give you a chance after you put it all out there, is not someone worth you putting it all out there for.

Bees Nees
    Participant
    February 3, 2016 at 12:57 am #92743

I’d say it’s best to move on. The fact she said she’s having doubts and thinks it may be best to not meet again, is simply her way of trying to let you down easy.
    Sucks man, but hey at least were outnumbered 3 to 1……

John Dough
    Participant
    February 3, 2016 at 7:47 am #92750

You know what it is, even if you don’t want to. You know the right decision, but you can take a limb. Is it worth the rejection if you continue, or the rare, but possible satisfaction of acceptance. You have to make the choice.

Idontevenknow
    Participant
    February 3, 2016 at 10:36 am #92782
    Reply To: Can't get her out of my head.

Thanks for the advice. I think I’m going to send her another message in about a week or so, so as to not be too pushy, and just lay it out there and hope for the best. I’ve realized not giving this one last shot will haunt the crap out of me forever.

Anonymous
    February 3, 2016 at 8:56 pm #92840

seems like you just need to open up completely to her and then she will do the same for you and who knows what happens!

blackheart
    Participant
    February 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm #92994

get up man.

Idontevenknow
    Participant
    February 5, 2016 at 2:29 pm #93011

By get up I assume you mean get up and do something about it? Because you can bet your ass I’m not leaving it at this! I’ve never felt like this before and am not about to let this go so easily. However, the best approach in this situation kind of eludes me. Either she’s hesitant and wants me to chase her, or she could have just been trying to let me off easy. If it’s the latter, I’m not sure telling her how I feel will change much. I assume that would require a more casual approach. However, if it is the former, then telling her how I feel should evoke some sort of positive response, I think. I don’t know. More advice from anyone that has something to say on this matter is always welcome.

angela2000
    angela2000
    Participant
    February 5, 2016 at 8:03 pm #93060

Oh God Tinder. Please don’t expect anything serious from that dating app. This lady has lots of men to choose from. If I were you I would give her some space. Then text her and try and set up another date. If she provides more excuses just move on!

goinginsane
    Participant
    February 8, 2016 at 3:27 am #93138

I’m in the same boat my friend and its tearing me apart as well

1 2