Can't Move On

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Can't Move On

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Soupy1987
    Participant
    August 26, 2017 at 11:42 am #147127
    Can't Move On

I broke up with my ex about 8 months ago. We had been dating for almost 2 years. I broke up with him for not communicating and not considering my feelings. Before I broke up with him I wrote him an email pouring my heart out. He informed me he had taken a last minute trip to Mexico and didn’t tell me until he was there, and then said he would read the email once he was back. After a week, I lost it. I said he was selfish and didn’t care about my feelings to take 5 minutes to respond. He quickly responds back with he just wanted to take time until things calmed down so he could respond properly. I said it was a bullshit excuse and to never text me again. He texted through March that was the last I heard from him and I took finally deleted him. I’ve tried to move. I got back on dating sites but I cant find the enthusiasm for any of the guys.I cant stop thinking about him and how much I miss him and still love him. Part of me really wants to text him but the logical part of me says no.

Forumgirl91
    Forumgirl91
    Participant
    August 28, 2017 at 9:50 am #147134

I am in the same boat…we had an argument and we don’t talk anymore…I want to contact him but then something holds me back…
    If you broke up with him then i am sure it was not an impulsive breakup, you had your reasons to do that. If you miss him badly then maybe you could send a quick text, but don’t talk about your relationship, don’t say you miss him…just be nonchalant, friendly and laid back with him…see where it goes from there.
    Another thing, unless both people work on themselves and fix what made them split the breakup is bound to happen again.