Casual dating, hookup buddies, or potential relationship?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    October 24, 2015 at 8:00 am #87315

So I’ve been dating a guy for about three weeks now and we have great chemistry. we had sex on the first date and continue to do so whenever we hangout. I’m not looking for anything too serious I just want to know where I stand but feel it’s too early to define things. Here’s some info: he is very sweet and always cuddles with me and kisses me on my forehead (even in public), we hold hands in public, but he hasn’t said how he feels about me except for the fact that we had an amazing first date and the sex is the best he’s had. We don’t text. I’m very busy and am not much of a texter, I usually only text when I need to (i.e.:making plans). However he hasn’t tried very much to make texting a thing I wouldn’t mind it. He doesn’t send good morning texts or follow up on dates. He offers to let me spend the night (I never do) but I don’t know if he wants me to or is just being polite. Also he is 25 and I am 20. Any insight from a guys point of view would be great!

colt
    Participant
    October 24, 2015 at 8:26 am #87318

Currently that’s just a hookup. But if you’re wanting a relationship, you should say something because guys usually only hold hands for two reasons: If they’re trying to get in her pants or if they’re trying to build that chemistry for a relationship in the future. If you’re wanting a relationship, suggest going out for dinner or something, be cliche hah. But right now that’s just a hookup

runtothesun
    runtothesun
    Participant
    October 24, 2015 at 8:48 am #87323

Yeah this definitely just sounds more like a casual, friends with benefits thing rather than anything serious. And I agree with colt, you need to say something to him. It could be that he wants a relationship but hasn’t brought it up because he’s unsure about how you feel, or it could be that he only wants to sleep with you. The sooner you understand what’s going on, the sooner you’ll be able to decide if you want to stay or move on

Anonymous
    October 26, 2015 at 8:56 am #87316

I also genuinely believe he likes me and enjoys hanging out with me aside from the great sex but I fear that since we had sex on the first date he may have lost a bit of respect towards me since for some reason that’s the mentality of most men. He doesn’t treat me with disrespect at all I just fear that it may be the case. Also what makes me doubt that it’s something more along the lines of a hookup instead of maybe casual dating (I feel they are two different things) is he never asked for my last name (we met on a dating site) I find it really hard to believe that a man interested in me won’t care to know my name, well my full name. Could he just have forgotten to ask or maybe it just never crossed his mind and it has nothing to do with the way he feels about me. I’m really just curious and would like to be more than a hookup. Oh! I also forgot to mention that he tried to basically make me a bootycall one drunken? Night out at 2 am. I politely declined.

Anonymous
    October 26, 2015 at 8:57 am #87326

Thanks guys! We do go on dates just about every time we hang out we first go out and do something together (like dinner)

happygoluckyss
    Participant
    November 3, 2015 at 1:28 am #87805

Talk to him more and get to know him more…….and then decide.