Catching a busy mans interest…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

luffbug04
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 9:14 pm #121566

I met this guy many years ago through mutual friends a few times. Always had a crush on him but never presumed anything. Recently got out of a 4 year relationship and am now 30 which makes me feel incredibly insecure in myself and doubt myself whereas I didn’t use to. So the dating scene feels foreign and totally different to me. Struck up a convo with him on Facebook and we caught up a little back and forth over the past few weeks. We have said we should grab a drink and catch up. He is super busy. He owns a business with his family, is looking for new locations as well as house hunting. Any off timehe has, which isn’t often, he’s always doing things for the above mentioned. He replied all the time, even if it’s a few hours later, asks questions in return, but hasn’t really reached out first. As in it’s always me sending him a text to strike up convo. Being that he’s so busy how do I catch his attention or is that almost impossible right now with all he has going on?

LeighBurn
    Participant
    January 4, 2017 at 3:47 pm #121738

Ask him out on a low key date then you will know if he is interested or not.. Of course be understanding about his busy life and accept you would have to blend in with it…but there are limits to this. There has to be a baseline of attention and quality time. You might find that he is not that happy with his level of busy-ness, and perhaps you could gently point out to him the important things in life and in getting that work-life balance. If it doesn’t work in your favour that’s fine and you move on, there are plenty other blokes out there and you shouldn’t let your rustiness on the dating scene make you settle for a poor deal.

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 8, 2017 at 5:35 am #122150

Everyone has time at least somewhere in the week. Maybe very rarely I could be too busy for a week (I own my own business as well) but in the end if I claimed I was busy for two whole weeks it would be because of disinterest. He may have friendzoned you because you’ve known him so long. Men do this less often than women do, but sometimes men do it too.

luffbug04
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 10:04 am #122391

Adam, I’m supposed to just send him a picture, randomly, even though he hasn’t asked for one? Just like “hey here you go” that’s seems a little odd, desperate and like it’ll make me go backwards not forwards…

mialmagemela
    mialmagemela
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 11:37 am #122420

I am old school. I’d say let him make the first move. If he hasn’t yet, move on. I know dating at 30 and older after a breakup can be very hard but I did it and met my now husband. The first thing I did after my breakup was to focus on me and what I liked doing and actually doing it. There is nothing more attractive in a woman than being busy. Make a list of things you love doing and focus on that. At the very least it will take your mind off this and at the very best love will find you while you are busy.

lovelife888
    lovelife888
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 4:40 pm #122500

I say keep the door open and send him a text once a week with something light i.e. something funny you saw on TV etc. Maybe add a comment “I know you’re super busy but lets have a drink soon”… see what he says. Best of luck!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 11:23 pm #123628

nah you can’t do much more than yo have. that he is asking you questions back means you’ve cuaght his attention as much as you can. be forewarned that this just comes with the territory with entrepreneurs. their livelihood, and thus their lives, are caught up in that business. out of just pure financial survival they must be thinking business 24/7.

my best friend in SF started a small vape shop. its a small business.. but.. it been intersing to see how over 1 yr now (maybe 2) — not the only thing that comes out of his mouth is business related. its just the way it is and is why his business is successful.

so.. this comes with a warning label: if you need more than this, expect more – then yo umight want to move on. As the saying goes.. “the soulmate of an entrepreneur, their #1, will always be their business”. A partner will always have to be and accept being #2.

sorry.

MrsZitaMansour
    MrsZitaMansour
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 5:54 am #151533

I have a good taste for life, my dear) And all this I ready to sh… Continue Reading
    I’ve been dating this guy for a little over two years. During the time we both were studying for the bar, we were on a break. He slept with his ex-fiancee once, and now she’s pregnant. I’m devastated and broken. I feel like a part of me has died. He’s the only guy I’ve ever loved. I put so much into this relationship

MrsZitaMansour
    MrsZitaMansour
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 6:03 am #151534

Am really proud of you honey

MrsZitaMansour
    MrsZitaMansour
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 6:23 am #151535
    Reply To: Catching a busy mans interest…

1 aim to make your pitch in five sentences or less. You don’t need to attach your 100-page business plan or a dozen pictures of your prototype before you’ve explained what it is that you actually want. Remember, be respectful of a busy person’s time and wait for the green light before sending follow-up information, if they are open to it.

2 You know the drill. You send an email, then you wait. And wait. And wait some more. You get no reply, so you try again. More of the same. Eventually it will work out for you.

MrsZitaMansour
    MrsZitaMansour
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 6:28 am #151536

i enjoy moving up with a busy man because i will pull him up with a good words of love strategies.i love you dear you are my world.

MrsZitaMansour
    MrsZitaMansour
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 8:56 am #151537

Avoid bothering him during regular work hours or other times when he is normally preoccupied. It may also help if you ask him about his schedule, so you have a better understanding of how to handle the situation ok

MrsZitaMansour
    MrsZitaMansour
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 3:04 am #151689

Don’t be clingy, but at the same time, let him know how much you miss his company. Tell him you understand how busy he is, but that you love him and would like more time with him.and do everything in your power to make sure that he love me always .

wildkatky
    wildkatky
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 3:40 am #151691

You could casually mention getting together sometime, but if he isn’t going to be mutually interested then let it go. That doesn’t mean that you can’t be the one to come up with plans, or that you have to wait on him to come up with an idea – but if you aren’t saying exactly what you want, then you can’t expect him to know exactly what you want. So if you tell him, hey, i’d like for you to take me out sometime, and he still doesn’t consent, it’s time to let go of whatever it is attracting you to him and find someone that would complement you and your life.