Challenges for Slim Men – Need Advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Tnguy
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 5:51 pm #72850

This is one of the most difficult things for slim men — meeting women who are similar. I realize this might provoke some, but please understand that this is a personal situation for many men who need to feel physically larger than women they date. It is very similar for the many women who want a man to be taller, or they won’t have much interest.

At 6′ tall and 171 lbs, I’m 52 and it’s extremely tough! Never had any difficulty meeting and dating very high quality people, but meeting people similar to me in this department is impossible.

Yes, there are other factors of course. But I’ve dated many people and come to learn that I cannot change this about myself. Nor am I comfortable gaining weight myself to make this work. As we age, the challenge increases as the overall population tends to gain weight. I’d like to hope that there are women out there who like a slim, fit man, but I guess this is the curse of being a slim, fit man.

A tall order but appreciative of any advice.

Tnguy
    Participant
    January 2, 2017 at 7:49 pm #121410

Any advice? Nothing after all this time?

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 8:06 am #121423

Are you happy with slim women? I was always around 130 or 140 pounds (at a shorter height) and almost invariably the chubby type women I like would turn me down while thinner women would hit on me. That said, 170 pounds doesn’t sound too thin unless you have a big frame. It is an issue though, the average woman now weighs 165 pounds or so, which mean a ton weigh more and they want their man to outweigh them. The whole thing is stupid to me, I mean I get it if the woman wants the man to be more muscular or weigh more because of muscle but some bigger woman will choose a chubby guy over a fit guy, which seems ridiculous.

Tnguy
    Participant
    January 9, 2017 at 9:23 am #122140

Hello Aces. Thanks. I wish more men were like you and had your preferences.

Regarding your experience, I am completely amazed as my experience is completely the opposite. Something is going on that warrants discussion ….. As a slim man, I found tremendous consistency: Woman who are huskier than me are EXTREMELY easy to meet in any and all venues …. they are consistently easy to find, easy to meet, …. friends and acquaintances are EXTREMELY willing to introduce you …. they want to talk to me, meet me, etc…

But a woman less husky than me …. these women are EXTREMELY difficult to meet in any and all venues…. they are nearly impossible to find …. and if I by some miracle get a lead for a potential introduction or some other way to meet, it won’t come to fruition — the introduction never happens …. or it evaporates and I never get a chance.

Dating sites are the same …. l get lots of interest but never from someone smaller than me.