Cheated On My Girlfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Cheated On My Girlfriend

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 3:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CheatingRemorse99
    Participant
    April 3, 2018 at 2:26 am #169386
    Cheated On My Girlfriend

Long Story Short

I’m 31 and she is 26. We’ve been dating for 2 1/2 years. Before her, I was in an 8-year relationship which ended 6 months before we started dating after I discovered my ex-girlfriend had a 2-year affair.

Six months ago I reconnected with a friend I had in high school. We were friends more or less during all of high school. It started off as innocent. We exchanged a few Facebook messages.

Last weekend she was in town visiting family and my girlfriend had to work so we agreed to meet for a drink to catch up. One drink turned into many. The bar was closing, and we both caught the same cab. SHe forgot her money so we got off at my apartment which was 6 blocks from her sister’s house. So I walked her home, her sister wasn’t home, so she invited me in.

We had another drink, and she told me she was interested in me. I should have walked away but after one too many drinks we had sex.
    One week later and I feel so guilty. How do I tell my girlfriend?

CheatingRemorse99
    Participant
    April 3, 2018 at 2:28 am #169387

I have cut off contact with the friend. Told her that things went to far and I didn’t feel the same for her as I had a girlfriend. She tried to convince me that what we did wasn’t wrong. I blocked her. The guilt is eating me up inside. This is going to kill my girlfriend I’m so worried about losing her. Any Advice?

PRW
    Participant
    April 3, 2018 at 9:31 am #169401

Why in the world would you block her? Why is everyone so infatuated with “blocking” someone? That is stupid. You block someone when they totally disrupt your life and won’t stop,…she didn’t do that.

As far as the cheating, You either have to live in guilt and keep your mouth shut, or tell her what you did and watch her walk away in pain. Cheaters will always cheat,…she will have no reason to ever trust you again. Chances are that even if you keep you mouth shut and don’t tell her anything,…eventually,…you will cheat again.

In your previous situation your Ex cheated on you for 2 years. There is a history of that kind of drama here regardless of which side you are on.

Why am I being hard on you? Well first you kinda asked for it,…but more importantly if you don’t see patterns in your behavor for what they are you will not be able to do anything about them to change it. All I can do is encourage you to self analyze and work on yourself

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  PRW.