Cheating=$$$$

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Cheating=$$$$

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anomx2003
    Participant
    June 29, 2016 at 9:39 pm #104267
    Cheating=$$$$

I was dating my girlfriend for a year and a half. I work away from home and I’m gone way more than I care to be. She started seeing someone else and kept that a secret from me until about 7 months later when I found out. I was paying about 2/3 of her rent because I stayed there when I was on my days off plus she couldn’t afford all of the rent on her own. We are back dating and living together now but I feel she owes me for rent while she was dating someone else. I don’t feel I should have been paying for a place where she ‘entertained’ another man and had sex with him (which she admitted to).

Can I have some thoughts on this please!!

Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 10:03 am #104279

Firstly, I just want to say that I’m sorry about what happened to you. Cheating is wrong and hurtful and I’d never endorse it. I know you paid her rent while she was engaging in an affair, but you getting back together with her suggests that you have forgiven her. I think that if you have forgiven her, leave the money in the past and don’t worry, karma is at work. On the other hand, if you guys had decided to go separate ways, then I think that you’d be entitled to your monies worth. Please note that I am not favouring one party over the other but briefing my own opinion. For right now, you guys may just want to work on rebuilding the trust in the relationship and next time around, don’t pay a woman’s rent unless you know she is faithful to you. It is nice that you offered your hand to help her though, kudos!

mysticfemale12
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 1:55 pm #104307

im so sorry….you cant be too nice in relationships these days…learn how to read people before you start dating them….I wouldn’t of gotten back together with her..u r a good one…well be careful and best of luck

MelissaB
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 2:24 pm #104314

You should ask for some of your money back from her (which she should then get from her side-guy). She may not pay you all the amount but that’s where you’ll need to compromise.

Stanjoe
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 5:04 pm #104323

If you truly love her you should be forgiving, and not demand her for money. Forgiveness and trust is important in a relationship and her coming out to tell you the truth was pure trust in you, now, even though it seemsunfair, you should forgive her. After all, you might have ddone somethingnthat she would not approve of also!

coldturkey
    Participant
    July 2, 2016 at 12:56 pm #104344

Why are you back with this person??This person cheated on you…I guess you forgave her but not the rent money you lost while she was entertaining some other guy??If you can forgive her for what she did…then that should include the rent money that you lost out of at that time too…or just end the relationship and start a fresh.All of this mess will eventually consume you.Staying with someone who cheated on you…just because you still love them doesn’t make it ok in the end.Good luck..

andrea22
    Participant
    July 8, 2016 at 4:37 pm #104744

so sorry this happened to you