Classic triangle with some burning lemons

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cluelessbastard
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 12:28 pm #66015

For the past few months, I’ve been texting with a girl I knew for a long time but never close with, but after we knew more about each other, we realised that we really connect. We went on dates secretly, so our mutual friends wouldn’t know, since it’ll be hot news. We got busted, and my best friend (a girl) started askin questions, I said that I didn’t like being controlled and I had no obligation to tell her anything (she has a history of prying into my love life). Somehow she found out about those dates and got angry. I know my best friend hated that girl for a long time, but since she is my bests friend, she should be congratulating me on finding someone even if she hates that person. So now she’s become sort of icy and wouldn’t respond to my texts and doesn’t want to talk to me anymore and her posts on social media go along the lines of; “when the person you like, etc.”
    does this mean that she likes me? I’m confused and I really want to sort this out since she’s my best friend.

somethingclever
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 5:42 pm #66050

I had a similar situation with a good friend of mine, only that I was the icy friend. I didn’t like her boyfriend b/c he was a real asshole and acting rather abusive towards her (talking shit about her when she wasn’t present). It threatend out friendship for a little while until she realized what was going on.

So I would sit down with your best friend and really truly figure out what is going on. Maybe she has a reason to not like the girl you are dating and is either trying to protect you, or maybe the girl was shitty towards her and she doesn’t want to hang out with you anymore b/c you gf would be present or something along those lines.

Yes, there is also the opportunity that she likes you a bit more than just friends and is acting jelaous, but as I said. Sit down with her and have an honest conversation with each other, that should clear things up a little.

cluelessbastard
    Participant
    November 2, 2014 at 4:16 am #66951

sorry for the late reply. Thanks somethingclever! Well in my situation, the girl that I like is another girl in the same “girl group” as my best friend. They do stuff together, but she secretly dislikes her. She hates the girl that I like for some particular traits the girl that I like has. Those traits aren’t bad, just really annoying to certain kinds of people. I’m so confused right now, but it seems like my best friend cut me out of her life. So, well I think this is a good thing, she likes me but I don’t,its better that she let go of me. Though I would prefer that she would stop defaming us.

Anonymous
    November 2, 2014 at 7:23 am #66954

Yeah, it sounds like your friend may have liked you, and she may have already been jealous of this girl you have been dating. Maybe tell your friend what she really means to you, that your friendship is truly important. On the other hand, tell her that despite this, you should always feel free to date whoever you please and that you would not do the same to her. If she still refuses to talk to you etc, after a period of time, may as well leave her be. If you really mean a lot to you she will be your friend no matter what.